Technical Brake pipes length

Currently reading:
Technical Brake pipes length

Hi guys,

anyone knows EXACT lengths of both front pipes (afaik they are both connecting directly from front hoses to master cylinder-no ABS)???
as I need car running and cant remove pipes and then start shopping for the right one, need to swap it over sunday

need to change front brake hoses(have few cracks on outer), and probably front pipes will go too (bit coroded at the ends),

only thing I can buy here is universal brake pipe "ready to mount just need to shape" sold by lengths with 10x1 thread

/something like this http://allegro.pl/przewod-hamulcowy-przod-brava-seicento-cinquecento-i4832353044.html /

Thanks!

I have never bothered making up the solid lines myself, for the effort involved I have always just bought the solid lines from fiat - perhaps i am just too lazy :shrug:

But you are looking at about £30 for both sides (about 38 Euros)

If you want to get a quote, LHD cars part numbers are:
51790414 & 51790415

i used solid wire to measure pipe lines,
or make the new one after disasembly old one.

you mount fittings by yourself ? if you do this in special shop, guys mosly have service catalog with pipe length of all cars

Iam quite busy now and its cold here so I give it to garage, they make it (changing hoses) without breaking pipes which is good news,

bad news that they found rear arms bushings gone, they want something like 200,-EURs for diagnosis, changing bushings on both arms (4x), together with that front hoses replacing(2x) - is that adequate price including parts??? (have to be all-day work)

Iam quite busy now and its cold here so I give it to garage, they make it (changing hoses) without breaking pipes which is good news,

bad news that they found rear arms bushings gone, they want something like 200,-EURs for diagnosis, changing bushings on both arms (4x), together with that front hoses replacing(2x) - is that adequate price including parts??? (have to be all-day work)

that's around £160, for 4 bushes, 2 front brake hose, then they have to bleed the brakes

If that's also include parts, then i would say that is a great price! IN uk anyway.

yes but we have MUCH cheaper workers than UK :) , we are starting somewhere around 15EUR/hour for very bad mechanic :D, and they said it will be fullday job (8hrs)

as I rememeber in ROI it was some 55EURs/hour for usual mechanic work.

anyway Iam quite shocked, most of repairs Iam doing myself just for price of spare parts, but cant do it now because of missing heated shed :(

will let u know final price and how it went

Back