Technical Brake fluid leak

Currently reading:
Technical Brake fluid leak

While I've got your interest I'm working through the few jobs I'm aware of. The jubilee joint under the reservoir seems to have a very small leak. I've managed to tighten it a touch which may do the trick but noticed the clear plastic tube is quite hard.
Should it be clear tube or the black brake tube?
I'm waiting on a workshop manual at the moment.

Attachments

• 20200425_102109.jpg
    20200425_102109.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 91
While I've got your interest I'm working through the few jobs I'm aware of. The jubilee joint under the reservoir seems to have a very small leak. I've managed to tighten it a touch which may do the trick but noticed the clear plastic tube is quite hard.
Should it be clear tube or the black brake tube?
I'm waiting on a workshop manual at the moment.

Jubilee type hose clamps have a very real disadvantage in that they don’t grip equally around the entire circumference of the hose, so no equal ‘squeeze’. This is why they are so unsuitable for fuel lines. What you need is the type of hose clamp that is specifically made for purpose, ie like this (available is many sizes):

BTW: The hose you use can be clear or black just so long as it is suitable for use with brake fluid.

Attachments

• 468EBD57-0B1E-4122-B53E-EC323CABE0BB.jpg
    468EBD57-0B1E-4122-B53E-EC323CABE0BB.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Check that the leak isn't at the neck of the plastic pipe (part of the reservoir) where it comes out of the reservoir---they can crack at this point.

Back