General Brake control warning light

Currently reading:
General Brake control warning light

Barkydog

Driving along a dual carriageway at 70 and a warning light came on with red message in dash saying check full brake control. Pulled over turned ignition on and off a couple of times but message and light stayed on. Continued along road and 5 mins later light and warning went off. No messages stored in alerts and light hasn’t so far come back on. Any ideas?

Have a look if your brake light turns on when you press the brakes. If not then you have to change a sensor on your brake pedal.

My Tipo once said 'Radar Sensor Blinded' whilst on the motorway. Turned out it was wet leaf stuck to the sensor under the number plate. It did actually say the sensor was blinded though, rather than 'Check Brake Control', so they might be different issues.

More concerning is that mine has beeped and said 'BRAKE!' about 4 times on completely unobstructed roads in the last couple of months. Not sure what that's about but it's quite alarming when it does it on an empty road, so i've taken to switching off AEB when not driving in town or where there's not a lot of vehicles around.

Driving along a dual carriageway at 70 and a warning light came on with red message in dash saying check full brake control. Pulled over turned ignition on and off a couple of times but message and light stayed on. Continued along road and 5 mins later light and warning went off. No messages stored in alerts and light hasn’t so far come back on. Any ideas?
Hi,

Sorry to bother you.

Did you ever get to the bottom of what caused this and how it reset? Having the same issue but mine won't seem to go off.

Thanks in advance

Dean

Hi,

Sorry to bother you.

Did you ever get to the bottom of what caused this and how it reset? Having the same issue but mine won't seem to go off.

Thanks in advance

Dean
No it never came back. No idea why it came on.I’ve had various electrical warnings on several of my Fiats in the past. All of them seemed to do with duff batteries.

Back