Technical Check Brake Control warning light

Currently reading:
Technical Check Brake Control warning light

Hi all,

Randomly going down the motorway the other day a message pops up on the dash Check Brake Control and a red symbol appears the car has auto turn off the system. I have ran a scan and can only get a fault codes;

D40586
U1930-86 this said pending
U1932-86 this one said stored

I have had the battery off over night, been on several runs in it and just can't get it off.

Can anyone shed any light on what the fault is?

I have 2017 1.4 Tipo easy.

Thanks
Dean

Last edited:
With those codes they don't really help much was this on a generic code reader rather then something that can give more detailed reading's for fiats codes?
Hi,

Was just a generic Delphi code reader. They were reset and a week later still not coming back up as fault codes but still have the same message on the dash check brake control.

I have had the front cover of the radar sensor off and cleaned that also to no avail.

Could this be triggered by low pads triggering the system to stop working?

Thanks
Dean

Hi,

Was just a generic Delphi code reader. They were reset and a week later still not coming back up as fault codes but still have the same message on the dash check brake control.

I have had the front cover of the radar sensor off and cleaned that also to no avail.

Could this be triggered by low pads triggering the system to stop working?

Thanks
Dean
I don't think that would have caused the issues but with modern cara you can never know

Hi,

Have had the scanning re-run and this time is pulled to specific fault codes under the ADAS catagory

C1417-78 - Horizontal Misalignment Sensor - Alignment or Adjustment Inc - Pending
C1418-78 - Vertical Misalignment Sensor - Alignment or Adjustment Inc - Pending

Is this a faulty sensor or just in need of some alignment.

Thanks
Dean

I had something similar on mine, randomly came on when driving, after a clean it worked, then I crashed and it stopped working. I'd suggest if this is still an issue, get a garage to test the sensor. I've just been quoted £800+ for a new one...

Back