General Boot won't open - Fiat Punto

Currently reading:
General Boot won't open - Fiat Punto

pwjass

I have a Fiat Grande Punto 2007 model and for the last 7-8 months, my car boot has been a problem. Initially jamming periodically, there was a period of 2-3 months where it simply wouldn't open by either the key or using the button on the dashboard - the only way was manually climbing through the boot and pushing the latch.

It started working on its own again for a couple months but has now seemingly jammed again. I've tried taking it to the local garage but they have given up on it, saying that it was reached the end of what they can do it for it. What frustrates me is that it appears to be semi-working. Even when it doesn't unlock, the rear lights flash to indicate it that the button on the key has been pushed to open it. When pushing the button on the dashboard, I hear a slightly clicking noise that again suggests it is sending a signal to open it.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

I have a Fiat Grande Punto 2007 model and for the last 7-8 months, my car boot has been a problem. Initially jamming periodically, there was a period of 2-3 months where it simply wouldn't open by either the key or using the button on the dashboard - the only way was manually climbing through the boot and pushing the latch.

It started working on its own again for a couple months but has now seemingly jammed again. I've tried taking it to the local garage but they have given up on it, saying that it was reached the end of what they can do it for it. What frustrates me is that it appears to be semi-working. Even when it doesn't unlock, the rear lights flash to indicate it that the button on the key has been pushed to open it. When pushing the button on the dashboard, I hear a slightly clicking noise that again suggests it is sending a signal to open it.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?
Try firmly pressing a screwdriver blade sideways into the lock on the tail gate to mimic the loop of metal on the body of the car, and press until the lock locks and holds the screwdriver and then turn the key. The screwdriver should be forcibly ejected from the lock - dont stand under it while turning the key!

Attachments

• P1241522.JPG
    P1241522.JPG
    402.4 KB · Views: 103
Old cars now, likely the solenoid has become weak, if the garage never changed the lock actuator then that’s the next course of action, the problem is any second hand unit is also going to be old

Back