General Fiat Grande Punto Door Open Warning Light

Currently reading:
General Fiat Grande Punto Door Open Warning Light

RedDragon57

Hello,

I am new to the forum and have a question about my 07 Grande Punto 5dr. I have read previous posts about problems with the door open warning light but haven’t been able to sort the issue.

The light on the dashboard comes on and off intermittently and has been doing so for a couple of years. I have replaced the boot lock and checked the wiring behind the plastic trim for signs of corrosion and it looks ok. The car still locks but the lights flash about 8-9 times, I was hoping that someone might be able to advise me on any fixes or other things to check.

Thanks in advance for your help with this, the warning light is more of an annoyance than anything else….

RD

Hi, I have the same problem, original cable connection terminals had gone green! So replaced boot latch off flea bay and thought that was it…..

Yellow diagnostic light remains with message on screen saying doors open. I disconnected the boot latch while I figure out the issue.

I’m thinking the cables for the boot latch have also oxidised and are no longer working.

OR the new Chinese boot latch is not being recognised by the system and therefore still illuminates the dashboard.

If I get any more info I will update this post👍🏻

Hello,

Yes, it seems like a bit of a common fault. I have replaced the boot latch mechanism a few times over the years but it doesn’t stay fixed for long.

I read in another thread that there might be a problem with the door loom connectors. I checked these out today and gave them a spray with switch cleaner but to no avail.

I will post an update if I manage to isolate the problem, thanks again….

RD

Back