General Bonnet release lever

Currently reading:
General Bonnet release lever

have you not got ( or downloaded the owners manual)..??

its on the FAR LEFT WALL of passenger footwell;)

mines BLACK.. not the helpful RED of the ones that are tucked away

it's still a PULL one though:)

AAh that explains it, in my manual I've just got a photo of a lever under a console, never occured to me it was on the passenger side rather than the driver side, cheers!

Is this common on new Fiats for the bonnet release to be at the far end of the passenger side, and out of curiosity is there a reason for it?

O'm Totally useless...Still can't find it. Has anyone got/able to upload a photo of the lever and it's location?

5 mins..;)

3 x pics.. I put white paper under the handle for clarity

bright SUN coming through screen:eek:

20160330_183912.jpg

20160330_183948.jpg

20160330_183938.jpg

Last edited:
One further question how do you use the lane changd indicator function? How and in what direction do you move the stalk?

Hi Matt,

You don't need to adjust or do anything unusual to the stalk to use the lane change function. Rather than pushing the stalk either up or down so that the indicators are active until cancelled, if you give the stalk a firm nudge (either up or down) and let it go, the stalk will return to its normal position. The indicators will then flash either left or right depending on which way you pushed it 5 times.

I have found with mine that if you try and do it too quickly it wont always register and also if you nudge it too hard the stalk will stay up or down until you cancel it. Hope this helps.

Hi Matt,

You don't need to adjust or do anything unusual to the stalk to use the lane change function. Rather than pushing the stalk either up or down so that the indicators are active until cancelled, if you give the stalk a firm nudge (either up or down) and let it go, the stalk will return to its normal position. The indicators will then flash either left or right depending on which way you pushed it 5 times.

I have found with mine that if you try and do it too quickly it wont always register and also if you nudge it too hard the stalk will stay up or down until you cancel it. Hope this helps.

took me a while too,:eek:
if you do the "wrong thing" with it...then applying a "normal indicator operation" with the stalk cancels the LANE CHANGER(y)

Charlie - Oxford

Back