General Blue&me tomtom 2

Currently reading:
General Blue&me tomtom 2

I tend to always use Goofbay. I set my maximum bid to be placed with 4 seconds to go before auction end. I then let Goofbay get on with it. This way you avoid getting emotionally caught up in the bidding process.

I tend to always use Goofbay. I set my maximum bid to be placed with 4 seconds to go before auction end. I then let Goofbay get on with it. This way you avoid getting emotionally caught up in the bidding process.

The bid history on the that Tom Tom does not seem to 'tie up' with that approach. Winning bid was 'set' on the 18th of June, final price on the 19th (this morning) & the £175 bid given on the 16th of June. But I may be interpreting the bids incorrectly.

I wouldn't claim to be an savy on ebay - there's another member on here who has had great success at getting excellent prices on what he has gone after.

One of the issues that I've had with smartphones is going out of coverage or if I'm close or in the border counties - in which case I'm paying roaming charges. Although the proper Tom Tom app has the maps on the iphone.

Why is roaming a problem?????

NavFree has the map built in, just like tomtom.

You only need a data connection if you want to use Google search.

The bid history on the that Tom Tom does not seem to 'tie up' with that approach. Winning bid was 'set' on the 18th of June, final price on the 19th (this morning) & the £175 bid given on the 16th of June. But I may be interpreting the bids incorrectly.

I wouldn't claim to be an savy on ebay - there's another member on here who has had great success at getting excellent prices on what he has gone after.

Sorry for the confusion. My bid was the £185 bid placed 4 seconds before end of auction. I had initially thought of £175 as a maximum bid but decided on £185. Glad I was outbid as I do believe £175 is top whack for an item with no warranty.

Sorry for the confusion. My bid was the £185 bid placed 4 seconds before end of auction. I had initially thought of £175 as a maximum bid but decided on £185. Glad I was outbid as I do believe £175 is top whack for an item with no warranty.

Thank you for the response. I was guessing that your bid might have been the higher one.
If you think of the other ebayer with the 'new' sealed Tom Toms at £230 they wouldn't be any different. When I had issues with the B&Me functionality not working on the MiTo in relation to the additional funtionality e.g. music, Eco drive, etc. what Alfa customer service stated was that it was bought off a Dealer - hence the reason why I was been entertained.
If warranty is an issue - might be best to buy off the Fiat Accessories web site but they are expensive at £299. Some have bought directly off the dealer for around £250 but can't recall if that included VAT or not. I paid €332 (Euros) in total so in current £ terms it was OK.
Personally I would view a sat nav as a consumable with a shelf life of 2-3 years. The Tom Tom Live 2 is starting to date given its size.

Why is roaming a problem?????

NavFree has the map built in, just like tomtom.

You only need a data connection if you want to use Google search.

Here we're subject to roaming charges so if one is using something like Google maps, Trapster, Speedwatch, etc. a charge is incured. The time of the volanic ash a lot of stranded travellers clocked up big bills.

I've only recently downloaded Navfree and it is on the device but what I would be looking for is the traffic updates, etc. which are LIVE updates. Unsure if the safery camera alerts are 'off-line' but the Cyclops database used by Speedwatch (this is the database used by Garmin) is on-line AFAIK but then I've only used that app on a trail basis.

Last edited:
If you have an iPhone 4s the new maps that are on ios6 have sat nav in them and it works while plugged in the the stereo. It will have traffic when it is released in the autumn. I am using it on the beta version and its not bad.

I got mine off eBay for £165, brand new with extra mount, which I don't need and will be looking to sell on eBay. There always seems to be a few going. I watched a few for about a week and saw that they were going from between £200-£220. I picked one that was due to end mid-week, during the middle of the day and followed it on my smart phone.

If you want one cheapish, don't buy them after work, everyone's sat at home in front of their PCs ready for a bidding war.

I really like the unit. The touch screen is nice, options are good. Linked up easily with the car. Very happy with it. We'll see if that lasts.

Back