Blue & Me - Tech Info and questions and answers

Currently reading:
Blue & Me - Tech Info and questions and answers

It’s going to become a reoccurring theme and I can’t believe if you found this you’ve not seen the other posts, basically to update the b&m in your car you need to use an update tool (the now defunct website) to establish which bit of software your specific car needs, its not as simple as just using any old software you can find

This is how simple

Attachments

• DSCF2937.JPG
    DSCF2937.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 222
  • DSCF2938.JPG
    DSCF2938.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCF2941.JPG
    DSCF2941.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 280
  • DSCF2934.JPG
    DSCF2934.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF2936.JPG
    DSCF2936.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 150
The Blueandme website is NOT defunct

The blue and me website is running on out of date and insecure software that the makers no longer support because of security concerns.... this is why it is not accessible from regular web browsers

Obviously if you want to use equally insecure and dodgy software that’s been linked with all sorts of issues, then that is entirely your choice.

Bare in mind that the reason that it does not work on other browsers is because Adobe have killed the flash player so if the site is working on another browser which is not using flash player, then there are bound to be massive security issues in that browser, and that’s without taking into account the reports of that particular browser sending your personal information to servers in China. (y)

So follow this advice at your own risk.

Ah Yes, the Rusky's and Chinese are working with Michael Caine on the new Italian Job where they are going to hack all the Fiats and Alfas with Blue&Me and cause traffic chaos worldwide:D

The statement was quite clear the Blueandme site is NOT defunct. :bang:..it is fully operational as it has always been even since they finished any updates back in 2015 so owners with issues can hopefully update or sort out problems and I am sure it has been well used over the past 6 years too(y)....how one chooses to access into the site is another matter as there are many ways that it can be achieved and is not something I certainly need advice on it is my daily job dealing with website fraud and hackers.

Personally we used an old laptop with Windows7 64bit (yes WIN7 too is outdated and not secure but again NOT defunct). I have no personal data or use it for any internet work just for access to blueandme.net and the odd suspect sites we may need to access. That said all our connections go through a VPN and tight security on anything we download.

Cnet and Softpedia are well known download sites we use a lot and whilst obviously have their caveats no one can ever consider themselves entirely safe and even as ARK has said previously to use an old out of date browser would be no safer at all(n)

I have been downloading and sending out files on a memory stick and/or transfering them over the internet to those that don't use Windows and get these returned with a SAE that I then check update and modify as required. It keeps one of my work colleagues (Hacky) very happy in between code breaking, who at the moment though cannot stop laughing at the thought of Putin in his palace instructing the KGB to hack the Blueandme website to ground all Fiats so he can sell more Trabants or Ladas. That said maybe Xi Jinping has other thoughts.

Don't forget though other warnings to be careful of 5G masts;);)

BYE

Ah Yes, the Rusky's and Chinese are working with Michael Caine on the new Italian Job where they are going to hack all the Fiats and Alfas with Blue&Me and cause traffic chaos worldwide:D

The statement was quite clear the Blueandme site is NOT defunct. :bang:..it is fully operational as it has always been even since they finished any updates back in 2015 so owners with issues can hopefully update or sort out problems and I am sure it has been well used over the past 6 years too(y)....how one chooses to access into the site is another matter as there are many ways that it can be achieved and is not something I certainly need advice on it is my daily job dealing with website fraud and hackers.

Personally we used an old laptop with Windows7 64bit (yes WIN7 too is outdated and not secure but again NOT defunct). I have no personal data or use it for any internet work just for access to blueandme.net and the odd suspect sites we may need to access. That said all our connections go through a VPN and tight security on anything we download.

Cnet and Softpedia are well known download sites we use a lot and whilst obviously have their caveats no one can ever consider themselves entirely safe and even as ARK has said previously to use an old out of date browser would be no safer at all(n)

I have been downloading and sending out files on a memory stick and/or transfering them over the internet to those that don't use Windows and get these returned with a SAE that I then check update and modify as required. It keeps one of my work colleagues (Hacky) very happy in between code breaking, who at the moment though cannot stop laughing at the thought of Putin in his palace instructing the KGB to hack the Blueandme website to ground all Fiats so he can sell more Trabants or Ladas. That said maybe Xi Jinping has other thoughts.

Don't forget though other warnings to be careful of 5G masts;);)

BYE
Microsoft is forcefully removing flash from all systems as part of the upcoming updates
So very soon it won't be possible for a lot of people to do this

Microsoft is forcefully removing flash from all systems as part of the upcoming updates
So very soon it won't be possible for a lot of people to do this

Not sure Chris if that will affect the browser we use but will cross that path no doubt in due course. In the meantime during his coffee break and when the 'fat controller is out', Hacky now he has stopped rolling around laughing, is regularly downloading a lot of vehicle files off the blueandme site and creating his own library. He has accessed many of the various cars/vans files that after the initial download read similar information by the marque but when fed back into the vehicle during stage 1 update there is an additional script line placed on the memory stick returned back from the car for the 2nd stage upload back. There appears an address line that has varied on every vehicle he has worked on so he is figuring this is a key script line unique to each blue&me module.

I have no idea what a dealer would do when someone has a faulty B&M module as without the access to the blueandme.net site how can a new module be programmed.:cry: Hacky has also found the script line where the cars Model is shown on the radio LED display when turned on so we are going to try see if we can give the car a unique name that comes up on the radio instead of at the moment just FIAT.(y)
The boss has just ordered 100 2GB USB memory sticks at 15p each (he doesn't know yet)......damn it though they are coming from China so I hope they don't know its for blueandme updates and get intercepted.

BYE

It keeps one of my work colleagues (Hacky) very happy in between code breaking, who at the moment though cannot stop laughing at the thought of Putin in his palace instructing the KGB to hack the Blueandme website to ground all Fiats so he can sell more Trabants or Ladas. That said maybe Xi Jinping has other thoughts.

You might think you’re oh so funny. But you carry on with what you’re doing.... oh sorry you’re not doing it “hacky” is the one doing all the work.

Obviously in this instance you’re recommending other people go out and do what you.... sorry “hacky” is doing, except people will use their own laptops, and computers, they will have files on those computers they don’t want people to have access to and it’s exactly this reason Adobe have killed the Flash Player, because it’s not secure anymore...

Your method for fixing this is to deliberately install software which is known to harvest data.... things like passwords, bank card details and the whole history of everything you access online gets held in cookies and other data..

Seems like a genius idea to tell people to install known dodgy software. :rolleyes:

It’s a good job “hacky” is the brains of the operation.

tell you what I will just leave the forum

Farrah

Byeeee ...:wave:

Last edited:
Wow I wondered who was still going round telling people not to buy Lancias because the engine falls out:eek:

No one was advising ANYONE to use this browser as their default browser or for their banking or personal data use. It was for access to the Blueandme.net website which you were peddling as defunct and it is NOT.

Fake news:bang: Blueandme website is NOT defunct. Get over it you were wrong:yum:

Yes I left that particular forum and have not returned depite some PM's/emails asking me not to leave and how they too have left and had to come back in a disguise avatar refraining from engaging with certain members. Can you not see the word FORUMS top left or understand the difference of a plural even.......perhaps not:yuck:...... but that said I will now leave this forum too as I have little interest wasting my time arguing with you and busy with a few Alfas sorting out their blueandme issues.

BYE BYE

Hi Guys, Newbie here!

I've got a 500 with Uconnect 5.0 but since my phone updated to android 11 it broke connection.
When I try to pair it again after removing, the stereo reboots after about 2 mins of trying to establish connection.

I've searched high and low on fiat/uconnect/mopar websites to download a firmware update but going round in circles. Phone support is not available, however I did reach Fiat customer service who said they logged a ticket with uconnect.

On the uconnect website, you're supposed to be able to enter your VIN to download the latest firmware, but of course my car is not detected, maybe because im UK and its an EU website?

Any chance that someone else has already managed to get hold of the latest update and can link it? I'm sure there are plenty of frustrated fiat owners who are stuck listening to the damn radio now!

Thanks

PS - Blue and me i assume is the old name for uconnect?

Re: Blue & Me - After market systems?

Hi I've just bought my first Fiat today, a 2010 Punto Evo Active 1.4ltr.

The car has a Sony after market stereo in and I wanted to use the handsfree for my phone, so I'm assuming I must need the factory fitted stereo for this to work?

hi guys,
i have fiat bravo 2007 1.4 and my blue&me worked fine untill i changed the car battery, then my milage started flashing and i lost connection to my usb port and steering wheel comands. after a year, the usb port started working, (it recognize 8gb usb and music on it) but i still cannot change songs through st.wheel or other buttons, and my milage still flashing.
Btw usb only works if i plug it before starting the car and then start the car, if i first start the car then plug in the usb it wont recognize it....
so is there any help for me? update blue&me or?
i dont care about flashing milage (but i would love to fix it) i care only about the usb and the music.

thanks! :)

Hi,

Got your PM and will send update files after looking into BMconfig file..... that said given what you write here it is unlikely to read the file until you sort out the problems with flashing mileage and general BM connections via buttons.

I had this exact problem after a battery change and got away with an overnight disconnect but others have needed a proxy alignment to restore functionality.

The update files I will be sending will NOT correct your core issue IMHO.

BYE

Hi,

I have sent out the BlueandMe stage 1 update files to a few as requested via wetransfer.com.

These files only remain available to download for 7 days and I am getting messages back on my wetransfer account the files on some I have transferred over to have not been downloaded and due to expire.

It is not a problem I can resend but please if you have PM'd me and requested these files to your email address you need to check maybe your junk/spam folder.

BYE

Hi all,

I have v5.6 and I can't find how to change folders when playing media from the console (not from the wheel buttons). Is there any way to do that?
The manual gave me eye cancer as it's a bad greek translation and only refers to italian voice commands! (Maybe voice commands were only available in italian at first.)

Hi,

Yes on the earlier software it only gives the PDF in Italian....later is about 10 languages............

What is your car and year?

Do a screen shot of your BMConfig file and post it up then we will load it up as an XML and see what information we can get from the blueandme.

Otherwise PM with email address and send us the file as extracted from the car.

All our media change now is done through the TomTom screen as it interacts well with the BlueMe system

BYE

I have updated the system to v5.6 by uploading the config file on the site. It's a 2010 Punto Evo.
I don't use the TomTom, I find it quite obsolete. That's why I want to use the console button to change folders. It's very strange that the up/down buttons don't do that by default.
Btw, I'm planning a modification for the dash holder to make it able to hold and charge a modern smartphone.

I don't use the TomTom, I find it quite obsolete. That's why I want to use the console button to change folders. It's very strange that the up/down buttons don't do that by default.
Just found a way... You need to set the "Folder" setting of the Media Player to "Play All", then you can change folders with the Up/Down buttons on the console.

Back