Technical Blue&Me Module Removal/Repair

Currently reading:
Technical Blue&Me Module Removal/Repair

Hello,

Looking to remove Blue&Me module and repair/replace.

Have located the module - under the passenger seat. How do you remove it? Is it a mechanics job?

I found somewhere to repair it...cost is £140 (takes 20mins apparently). Anyone recommend a repairer? They need model no. apparently, as some (early) units are unrepairable.

Thanks....

mines done for too. Dash mileage flashing, no output from the usb connection etc. couldn’t find where the unit was! But now I know it’s under the seat I will take it out. It’s one blue clip plug and a couple of screws to remove I believe. Mines from a 2010 model. You can buy them used on eBay for £50-60. I’ve read some people have removed them, unplugged the battery in the car for at least 30 minutes. Cleaned the unit with contact cleaner and plugged it all back in and that’s solved the issue. That’s what I will try first before I buy anything.

mines done for too. Dash mileage flashing, no output from the usb connection etc. couldn’t find where the unit was! But now I know it’s under the seat I will take it out. It’s one blue clip plug and a couple of screws to remove I believe. Mines from a 2010 model. You can buy them used on eBay for £50-60. I’ve read some people have removed them, unplugged the battery in the car for at least 30 minutes. Cleaned the unit with contact cleaner and plugged it all back in and that’s solved the issue. That’s what I will try first before I buy anything.
Apparently the B&M unit is coded, at the factory, to your vehicle so I am not too sure if a second hand unit would actually work and I am unsure if a second hand unit can be re coded.

Hello,

Looking to remove Blue&Me module and repair/replace.

Have located the module - under the passenger seat. How do you remove it? Is it a mechanics job?

I found somewhere to repair it...cost is £140 (takes 20mins apparently). Anyone recommend a repairer? They need model no. apparently, as some (early) units are unrepairable.

Thanks....
A UK Fiat dealer quoted me £500.00 yes £500.00 for a replacement unit with a two year guarantee!!!!

I have read that Unplugging its electrical connector should stop the electrical drain

Once disconnected then MES can stop the mileage flashing. :cool:

Anybody care to post pictures of their unit under the seat :)
I have read that Unplugging its electrical connector should stop the electrical drain It does.

Once disconnected then MES can stop the mileage flashing Would love to know what MES is. I have been told a proxy alignment stops flashing but I have not had this done.

Anybody care to post pictures of their unit under the seat I took mine out and now have extra storeage. It's only a few screws but it's a bit fiddly to undo them with the driver's seat in place but is doable.

I replaced mine. The unit is held in place with four Phillips screws. I bought a right angle ratchet wrench like this to get them out https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/340936634298981366/ pushing the seat forward to get the rear ones undone and the opposite from the front.

The unit has a s/n and I bought a BM unit with the exact same number off eBay. You can later versions fixed but mine was 1st generation (chipset). The owner of https://northernautotech.co.uk/fiat-bluetooth-unit-repair/ was very helpful and had a list of s/n for 1st generation units. Note: I think you can use other later units to replace, but I did not want to take the risk of it not working. I paid around £95 for the unit but if you're confident another s/n would work then it could be a lot less...Questions: are later units compatible + will proxy alignment work.

I then disconnected the battery, attached the new BM unit without screwing in (to test...if not working, get eBay refund). I then did a proxy alignment using MES from Gendan (I got it from them + cables because some of the eBay ones don't work + the Gendan staff are very helpful). This is how to access the OBD

As it was working, I then refitted properly.

This has fixed the problem - no battery drain etc. and I can make handsfree calls again....:)

Next question is whether to do a flash software upgrade or not....this can kill some devices....Any advice?????

I replaced mine. The unit is held in place with four Phillips screws. I bought a right angle ratchet wrench like this to get them out https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/340936634298981366/ pushing the seat forward to get the rear ones undone and the opposite from the front.

The unit has a s/n and I bought a BM unit with the exact same number off eBay. You can later versions fixed but mine was 1st generation (chipset). The owner of https://northernautotech.co.uk/fiat-bluetooth-unit-repair/ was very helpful and had a list of s/n for 1st generation units. Note: I think you can use other later units to replace, but I did not want to take the risk of it not working. I paid around £95 for the unit but if you're confident another s/n would work then it could be a lot less...Questions: are later units compatible + will proxy alignment work.

I then disconnected the battery, attached the new BM unit without screwing in (to test...if not working, get eBay refund). I then did a proxy alignment using MES from Gendan (I got it from them + cables because some of the eBay ones don't work + the Gendan staff are very helpful). This is how to access the OBD

As it was working, I then refitted properly.

This has fixed the problem - no battery drain etc. and I can make handsfree calls again....:)

Next question is whether to do a flash software upgrade or not....this can kill some devices....Any advice?????

Well done for getting it sorted.

I am going to get in touch with northern auto tech in the new year to see if they can repair mine. I guess then it will be a trip to the Fiat dealer to get a proxy alignment done as I don't have the software or cables.

Back