Technical Blue&Me Module Removal/Repair

Currently reading:
Technical Blue&Me Module Removal/Repair

OBUQ

Hello,

Looking to remove Blue&Me module and repair/replace.

Have located the module - under the passenger seat. How do you remove it? Is it a mechanics job?

I found somewhere to repair it...cost is £140 (takes 20mins apparently). Anyone recommend a repairer? They need model no. apparently, as some (early) units are unrepairable.

Thanks....

GazzP87

mines done for too. Dash mileage flashing, no output from the usb connection etc. couldn’t find where the unit was! But now I know it’s under the seat I will take it out. It’s one blue clip plug and a couple of screws to remove I believe. Mines from a 2010 model. You can buy them used on eBay for £50-60. I’ve read some people have removed them, unplugged the battery in the car for at least 30 minutes. Cleaned the unit with contact cleaner and plugged it all back in and that’s solved the issue. That’s what I will try first before I buy anything.

Noony

mines done for too. Dash mileage flashing, no output from the usb connection etc. couldn’t find where the unit was! But now I know it’s under the seat I will take it out. It’s one blue clip plug and a couple of screws to remove I believe. Mines from a 2010 model. You can buy them used on eBay for £50-60. I’ve read some people have removed them, unplugged the battery in the car for at least 30 minutes. Cleaned the unit with contact cleaner and plugged it all back in and that’s solved the issue. That’s what I will try first before I buy anything.
Apparently the B&M unit is coded, at the factory, to your vehicle so I am not too sure if a second hand unit would actually work and I am unsure if a second hand unit can be re coded.

Noony

Hello,

Looking to remove Blue&Me module and repair/replace.

Have located the module - under the passenger seat. How do you remove it? Is it a mechanics job?

I found somewhere to repair it...cost is £140 (takes 20mins apparently). Anyone recommend a repairer? They need model no. apparently, as some (early) units are unrepairable.

Thanks....
A UK Fiat dealer quoted me £500.00 yes £500.00 for a replacement unit with a two year guarantee!!!!

I have read that Unplugging its electrical connector should stop the electrical drain

Once disconnected then MES can stop the mileage flashing. :cool:

Anybody care to post pictures of their unit under the seat :)

Noony

I have read that Unplugging its electrical connector should stop the electrical drain

Once disconnected then MES can stop the mileage flashing. :cool:

Anybody care to post pictures of their unit under the seat :)
I have read that Unplugging its electrical connector should stop the electrical drain It does.

Once disconnected then MES can stop the mileage flashing Would love to know what MES is. I have been told a proxy alignment stops flashing but I have not had this done.

Anybody care to post pictures of their unit under the seat I took mine out and now have extra storeage. It's only a few screws but it's a bit fiddly to undo them with the driver's seat in place but is doable.