General Trekking Crossbar Removal (roof)

Currently reading:
General Trekking Crossbar Removal (roof)

Red Van Man

My Fiorino's a Qubo..
Long story short, my blue Qubo is a write off so I now have a 2019 Trekking (manual unfortunately but that's the Trekking), no Dualogic box)

It came with the cross bars already on and after a lot of 'persuading' have at least got the locks to unlock (quarter turn with a small key). Where do I go from here? I can't see how to release the bar grips on the longitudinal bar and there were no other accessories with the car to facilitate removal. Any ideas? I've looked int the hole that the unlocking revealed but whatever I might need (long socket?) is so far in I can't see whether it's a hex socket or a hex bolt or what... Any help appreciated.

One other thing I found by accident, is an AdBlue filler on the front left of the engine bay. I've never come across this before - why not on earlier models? Is it another con to force apparent pollutant reduction? S'pose I'd better buy a bottle and keep it topped up...

There's a lot more poke with the 95PS engine but I'd already found that with the upgrade from 75PS to 80PS in the previous facelift Qubo.

I have a set of rear seats and a parcel shelf from the other car if anyone is after these items - plus (hopefully) the longitudinal roof bars too if they've been removed for me.

R-V-M

Long story short, my blue Qubo is a write off so I now have a 2019 Trekking (manual unfortunately but that's the Trekking), no Dualogic box)

It came with the cross bars already on and after a lot of 'persuading' have at least got the locks to unlock (quarter turn with a small key). Where do I go from here? I can't see how to release the bar grips on the longitudinal bar and there were no other accessories with the car to facilitate removal. Any ideas? I've looked int the hole that the unlocking revealed but whatever I might need (long socket?) is so far in I can't see whether it's a hex socket or a hex bolt or what... Any help appreciated.

One other thing I found by accident, is an AdBlue filler on the front left of the engine bay. I've never come across this before - why not on earlier models? Is it another con to force apparent pollutant reduction? S'pose I'd better buy a bottle and keep it topped up...

There's a lot more poke with the 95PS engine but I'd already found that with the upgrade from 75PS to 80PS in the previous facelift Qubo.

I have a set of rear seats and a parcel shelf from the other car if anyone is after these items - plus (hopefully) the longitudinal roof bars too if they've been removed for me.

R-V-M
Hi,
If there the Fiat crossbars, to remove, once you have unlocked them you pull out the end of the bar about one quarter Inch outwards, then unscrew counter clockwise to loosen the clamp. (Turning clockwise tightens the clamp when fitting) . Hope that helps.
Do you need to reduce the height?? I would leave the roof bars on. Great when you have long loads. Being longitudinal they don't add to your fuel consumption.
My 2020 Trekking has Adblue. Needs topped up every 5 to 6 thousand miles. Not so expensive and allows me to drive in these dreaded ULEZ,s

Hi,
If there the Fiat crossbars, to remove, once you have unlocked them you pull out the end of the bar about one quarter Inch outwards, then unscrew counter clockwise to loosen the clamp. (Turning clockwise tightens the clamp when fitting) . Hope that helps.
Do you need to reduce the height?? I would leave the roof bars on. Great when you have long loads. Being longitudinal they don't add to your fuel consumption.
My 2020 Trekking has Adblue. Needs topped up every 5 to 6 thousand miles. Not so expensive and allows me to drive in these dreaded ULEZ,s
I got them off - slightly different from the ones you're describing. I left the longitudinal ones on of course - they make the car look a lot better!

Adblue doesn't seem to last 5000 miles. B&Q was the best price I could find (£16.99 - 10L) although at an Esso garage in Nottingham I found the same at £35 - I drove on. So much variance in price for the same stuff. Better economy in this car than all others I've had. Probably the power:weight ratio is better than the 75/80 PS engines. I think this block is different from the lower powered engines from memory of seeing promo photos.

Last week I was followed for a while by a Fiorino van with a new number plate and the Fiat name was 4 single letters on the bonnet 'FIAT' in chrome. I wonder if it's a run out model or old new stock and that was the last one sold. I thought they stopped manufacture in 2019 (though yours @Eagle 57 is a 2020 plate).

R-V-M

Back