General Blue Barchetta Project

Currently reading:
General Blue Barchetta Project

My Barchetta should be up on the ramps today. I have a possible hole in floor issue that needs looking at. I will try to get a photo and look at the limited edition B that the garage owner is selling.

Blue B went up on the ramp. Water under the floor is coming from somewhere. The underneath of the car is fine. Lui suggests getting the floor up and looking for leak. The water must be from rain - there is no smell or colour. I think it will take the best part of a day for garage time but don't think I will be able to sort this on my own. Does anyone have any ideas about common leak possibilities?

I have a few pics of my B on the ramp.

Attachments

• Ramp.jpg
    Ramp.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 51
Lol yes lots!

Check the door seal at the top front of the door - it can get in there if its not quite fitting right and then run down and come into the foot well through the 3 air holes in the bottom of the seal.
Tonneau cover seals - I'm not sure how its physically possible but somehow it gets in there and under the cover and soaks through the foam under the floor.
Rear window bottom corners - I have had water drip through the stitching in the roof but nothing mayor.
Door seal round the windows - I've caught mine in the window before now and ended up with a flood. (You'd know if you'd done that though).
Good luck - its a painful problem this one.
xs

Thanks Shel, I will look at these possibilities. The water is noticeable on the drivers side under the mat. I have some damage to the rubber and you can feel the moisture through the hole.
Yes mine was mainly drivers side too but making a puddle on top of the carpet deep enough to wash your feet in! I'm fairly sure that it was coming in the top of the door seal and running its way round and then coming out of the air holes that point into the car at the bottom. I didn't do much, just adjusted it a little and haven't had any problems recently (fingers crossed!).

This was the second time for me as you may remember I also had to have all the carpets taken out and dried after it got in through the tonneau seals.
The problem is with water it could find it's way in from anywhere and run around.
Hope you sort it.
xs

I think it cost me £100 to have it all stripped out and dried, but that was only because I took it back to the garage where I bought it. Fiat quoted around £260 for the same job. Is it possible to repair that hole? Or maybe you could look out for someone breaking a b and get the carpet?
A few people on here have done the drying out themselves - Orange for one, so she might be able to give you more advice if thats what you end up doing.
Remember to disconnect the battery if you do it!
xs

What was your final costs for solving the problem Shel?

Here is a pic of the water hole in the drivers footwell :(

this "hole" in the floor cover, the plastic/rubber bits.. you can repair them with liquid rubber/latex (available from every erotic shop :D) or just black silicon (tube -available from every B&Q) - spread it open with a spatula or something, apply several layers if you must. But its important that you do not use something that gets hard, but remains soft/rubbery :)
Then get some mats from barchettaparts to hide your handiwork.

However, before doing all this, check out that underneat that worn hole there is no rust or anything on the floorpan... sort that out first

Next repair is to fit a new tonneau cover release lever (not sure of the official part name). Pictured is the broken one which snapped in the summer and the replacement part that I have.

Does anyone have experience of fitting this bit? I guess I need to dismantle the housing and have a look.

Attachments

• DSC01299.JPG
    DSC01299.JPG
    385.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC01300.JPG
    DSC01300.JPG
    436.3 KB · Views: 24
i don't have this part... kinda belt holder... i have to create this... it prevents cramp in arm while stretching for belt...
does any body have better pictures? i saw somewhere this it looks like piece of plastic and fabric tape with bur.

Back