General Blue Barchetta Project

Currently reading:
General Blue Barchetta Project

Yes to remove those covers over the openers you need to lock the door at the pin with a screwdriver or something.
Then you can remove them but indeed a pain in the ass if you don't know exactly how to get them off.

Ps: don't forget to unlock the door before slamming it:bang:

I find this helps a lot:

Attachments

• 15062010243.jpg
    15062010243.jpg
    694.9 KB · Views: 46
I can't afford the time or money for many mods these days. Back in the summer I fitted new gas strut in the boot. My latest upgrade is quilted leather interior door cards and handles (from www.barchettaparts.com). I will post pics soon.

I just need to replace the plastic round the door open pulls. These are a pain to get off. Do I need to have the door lock pushed in to do this?

The idea has been to add in some of the parts from the limited edition B to mine. I just need leather seats now. I would love the quilted ones but any would be okay - just so hard to find on a budget.

To remove the door pull surounds you remove the small allen key, door handles and tweeters then ease the whole panel away from it clips and then pull sideways outwords towards the rear of the vehicle and it comes away.

There is a guide somewhere that explains this in better detail.

Last edited:
Those door pulls are a real fiddle but not as bad as some other fittings on the B.

KC3: Yes I got the door upholstery from Henk. The 2 were €110. These sort of parts don't come up everyday so its not bad. I have other parts that I want to order now. The delivery was super quick.

Need to keep an eye out for some quilted leather seats or get a quote to have my cloth seats re-upholstered. may have to save for some time though.

Those door pulls are a real fiddle but not as bad as some other fittings on the B.

KC3: Yes I got the door upholstery from Henk. The 2 were €110. These sort of parts don't come up everyday so its not bad. I have other parts that I want to order now. The delivery was super quick.

Need to keep an eye out for some quilted leather seats or get a quote to have my cloth seats re-upholstered. may have to save for some time though.

I've got cloth seats, pretty good condition, but was thinking of some leather covers when I've got some spare cash! Saw these linked below.. anyone know what they're like?

http://aerostylez.de/index.php/ledersitzbezuge/fiat/fiat-barchetta.html

I would love one of those, but on the foto's the leather seems to be loose at some spots.
Won't buy one untill someones got proof they are fine.

I am having real problems removing one of my small air vents. Does anyone have any advice? I already removed the other but can't remember exactly how i did it. This one will not budge. Is there a trick? Do you line the arrow up, twist, pull? Grrrr! :mad:

just pull and rotate... i think there are 3 hooks that you have to lift at same time to release inner vent tube (that one you can turn). but sometimes i also removed completely vent with inner and outer tube by force. that outer tube have some gap (or bump, not sure now) around to keep it at place inside dash. once when you release it from that gap it will go out by easy.

just pulling, but try not to hold flaps because they could snap. put fingers on both hand inside on opposite side of tube, stick your tongue to left and pull and turn at same time. it should go out...

Thanks F4usT. Finally got it out. Still having problems turning the new vents but they are facing the right way and may loosen up over time. I am putting the new cover over the instrument dials now - in the dark - again.

painting or foil? i wrapped vent flaps to black carbon. looks quite ok.

Yeah, post some pic's
I just bought some 3D carbon foil on fleebay, and I could use it for this purpuse

i hope you bought 3M foil, because i used some noname and is really hard to work with. especially on edges, it just wont stay bended on arches even with hot blow gun.

Very impressive F4usT. That has to be the most modified interior featured on this forum. Looks like a quality finish too.

Here is my interior with new vents and dials surround. Thanks to KC3. Still have a few bits to get. Most importantly the leather seats.

SNB20327.JPG

Last edited:
i hope you bought 3M foil, because i used some noname and is really hard to work with. especially on edges, it just wont stay bended on arches even with hot blow gun.

Actually I didn't.
I bought some in hongkong fror €1,2, so I can't really be mad if it turns out to be crap.
Bought 2 hid wiring harnass and some smd H1, festoon and other bulbs there.

Beauty - its a pass!

Sterling work by LB Auto. May need a clear out and change of power steering fluid to clear up noise when on full lock but apart from that I would say very impressive for a 1995 car.

Good news! Always a relief, eh.. guess that puts paid to the stereotypes surrounding Italian engineering and longevity :)

Back