Blue and Me How to Update in 2021 with Flash

Currently reading:
Blue and Me How to Update in 2021 with Flash

willgarr

Here is how to update Blue and Me now that Adobe Flash has been disabled.

Install a linux virtual machine using these instructions:
stackoverflow.c_m/questions/65327754/virtual-machine-container-that-we-can-play-flash-clients-after-jan-12-2021

When you install virtualbox you'll need to install the extensions update so you can read and write to a USB stick: virtualbox.o_g/wiki/Downloads

Now you can run Firefox with Flash and access the blueandme.net site.

LOL, turns out there is no update for my Fiat. That sucks because it drops Bluetooth connections after a few minutes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-27_18-16-26.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-27_18-16-26.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 2,090
you are a god amoung men.

How did you get the file extracted onto the disk using the linux emulator? i cant find the drive.

cheers

Blue&me has not been supported or updated since around late 2015 when connect2 and Uconnect took over.

The Blueandme.net site however remained available at all times and still is providing updates on older cars that previous owners had never done.

Access is through a Windows7 8 10 vista but as far as I know was never supported via mac, but then I am not a mac user.

I have no problem accessing Blueandme.net several ways without adobe flashplayer or on some older PC's that I had never updated or removed adobe flashplayer.

I have provided files via post on a flash drive or can transfer via email through any web file transfer but if done this way you will need to have windows on a PC.

Last week I sent out files all over the world some on flash drives and some on web transfer......just been a bit busy this week with the footy but will get to others I have promised.

I do not charge anything to make a profit just ask postage costs and that the flash drives I send out get sent back..............those who have not please send them back it only costs a 2nd class stamp and I really need them for others.

Included in the files downloaded i send out is all the instructions how to do any updates and in about 10 different languages (pdf format) but I do remove the ones not required.

Where needed for the TomTom2 installation a line code is needed to be changed/modified and this is an XML format so does need certain software to read and open this file type but i do this too so nothing really too difficult.

To get the files you need, PM your email and your car model and year. If your car is covered on the BlueMe site I can download the stage 1 files that just read your cars current status. If you want to proceed yourself after that you just need to have a windows PC get the cars info and send it back to me to upload and get the latest software available for your car which I will then either send out on a flash drive or upload via web transfer..........................

Bye.

Probably no use to the original poster but in case anyone else needs to do this here is an easier way:
  1. download an old portable version of Firefox complete with Flash (I used this one but there is also one here and others exist)
  2. unzip it (no need to install) and run it by going into the folder
  3. go to Blue&Me site
  4. click to enable flash
  5. use the site as you would have five years ago!
Note that my update incorrectly included Italian so my car started speaking to Italian. The ady concerned was much nicer than the English lady but I didn't understand her so elsewhere on the site you can download language packs and update them in much the same way.

Last edited:
link for firefox please?
At the moment I think BlueMe site may have finally been axed.......up until last week I have been updating cars and campers for Alfa and Fiats with access to the blueandme.net site several ways since Adobe Flash was terminated.......however every attempt now comes up with 'access denied' so dont expect anything with firefox

I mainly did the updates for the installation of the TomTom2 sat navs which I finally see TomTom themselves have now confirmed no further support.......given the TomTom was only a basic 4CS01 1000 LIVE model just with the additional software BlueMe App and TomTom stopped supporting these about 10 years ago I suspect they (TomTom) have had to continue support on the special BlueMe model as motor industry have a requirement to support for at least 6 years their products.......given BlueMe ended in 2016 replaced by UConnect this time line of closing down the BlueMe site and TomTom announcing virtually simultaneously no further support on the TomTom2 seem to coincide.

I have no idea if main dealers are going to be still allowed access so would question now what happens if the blueandme module goes faulty how can it be reprogrammed if a new one installed......

In the interim I have advised no one to buy any TomTom2 unless a replacement or they check their BMConf file and the script line shows ABC80 or ABC80* otherwise you cannot pair a TomTom2 and may as well just buy a basic one if you want to utilise the dash mount cradle......basic TomTom Go 1000 LIVE 4CS01 fit the CRATT2 cradle and the 68R dash hole and can cost from £10 upwards so a lot less than a blueme TomTom2 that Fiat accessories originally retailed at £380 with a cradle........TomTom will still provide map updates for any model but whole of Europe now too large so has been split into zones.

If anyone has managed to gain access though into the Blueandme site by any other means please let us know.....in the meantime i have the standard files stored for extraction of the BMConf file to see the vehicles current sodtware.......I also have all the various vehicle updates we have done over the years in the computers download file automatically stored however at the moment we are trying to identify these by vehicle and see if we can locate the unique code script line to link back to the car.........

If dealing with a generation2 module we can get the vehicles read/write code from the BMConf file as I said we still have the common files to extract this then we can insert/replace this in the V10 update files again we have stored.........it is a long shot to maybeable to update current old level vehicles blueme module to what was the latest possible V10 end of 2015 when no changes were then made to the software..........

We also have stored the files for changing the language to English or Dutch but no others

Hi All,
Last time i had to update a Fiat 500 the Blue and me site was working and i manged to get everything done.
I've now had a call from my Mechanic who is desperate to update another Fiat 500 so i went to jump back on the site to grab the files, and oh bugger the site doesn't work.
Tried a portable firefox with flash and... oh bugger the site doesn't work.

Anyone know how i can get the files for a 2015 Fiat 500 Lounge? its had a new module fitted and we have no idea if its up to date.
Needed sooner rather than later so hopefully someone is paying attention to this thread lol
@Farrah you seem like a super handy and knowledgeable person to know, and quite possibly may have the files i would need?
Could i PM you for a file transfer? (i'm aware i'm being super cheeky by asking, but desperate times etc etc)

Hi All,
Last time i had to update a Fiat 500 the Blue and me site was working and i manged to get everything done.
I've now had a call from my Mechanic who is desperate to update another Fiat 500 so i went to jump back on the site to grab the files, and oh bugger the site doesn't work.
Tried a portable firefox with flash and... oh bugger the site doesn't work.

Anyone know how i can get the files for a 2015 Fiat 500 Lounge? its had a new module fitted and we have no idea if its up to date.
Needed sooner rather than later so hopefully someone is paying attention to this thread lol
@Farrah you seem like a super handy and knowledgeable person to know, and quite possibly may have the files i would need?
Could i PM you for a file transfer? (i'm aware i'm being super cheeky by asking, but desperate times etc etc)
Not at all cheeky....it is what the forum is for support......
That said the BlueMe site now does seem to have been closed down following the auto industry guide lines of only needing to support parts etc for 6 years and as blueme ceased in 2016 looks like they have pulled support....all we are left with at the moment is the ability to change the language of the blueme and extract the blueme current config file and only because some of us still had kept these files on our computers......
I actually too do have all the files for various cars Fiat and Alfa to update to V10 software as these have all been retained in my download folder on the computer......however when the BMConf file is extracted for the vehicle it places a line script code (assumed the read/write code) to the specific module in the vehicle......when the BMConf file was then uploaded to the blueandme site to get the update files this code must have been used and implanted somewhere in the files that were returned from the website........so trying to use files from another car even if exact same model and year does not seem to work and just gives error 10.....as time permits we keep searching the file content of the downloads to see if we can find where it has been placed but the format of some files we cannot access......
So the situation as it is I have the files to extract your BMConf from the car and can only tell if it is the latest by the 5 digit code in the second script line but have no way to anymore use the BMConf file to get the later files unless the website is opened up again.....

The language files now have been placed on the forum so anyone can get these.....I can send you over the files which was stage 1 to get your vehicles BMConf file and I can also send you over the complete set of files that were downloaded for a Fiat 500 with a gen2 module 2010-2015 models, however I cannot guarantee these will be accepted by your vehicle.....I have done this already for a few people but no one has come back and said it failed or succeeded so can only go on what vehicles I have tried to update.....
Whilst the BlueMe is an accessory and the car functions without it the modern electronics in the cars is very concerning for future life of vehicles....My friend just sent a beautiful modern Bentley to the breakers as so many electric faults kept occurring that not even the dealer garage could sort them and he had spent more on the car than it was worth.......
Apart from our Fiat 500 and an old 911 Carrera which just has an electronic ignition module and the company supplied Range Rover which is not our problem the rest of our cars are classics and we have no electronics to worry about......the Prince of Darkness is laughing from the grave

Not at all cheeky....it is what the forum is for support......
That said the BlueMe site now does seem to have been closed down following the auto industry guide lines of only needing to support parts etc for 6 years and as blueme ceased in 2016 looks like they have pulled support....all we are left with at the moment is the ability to change the language of the blueme and extract the blueme current config file and only because some of us still had kept these files on our computers......
I actually too do have all the files for various cars Fiat and Alfa to update to V10 software as these have all been retained in my download folder on the computer......however when the BMConf file is extracted for the vehicle it places a line script code (assumed the read/write code) to the specific module in the vehicle......when the BMConf file was then uploaded to the blueandme site to get the update files this code must have been used and implanted somewhere in the files that were returned from the website........so trying to use files from another car even if exact same model and year does not seem to work and just gives error 10.....as time permits we keep searching the file content of the downloads to see if we can find where it has been placed but the format of some files we cannot access......
So the situation as it is I have the files to extract your BMConf from the car and can only tell if it is the latest by the 5 digit code in the second script line but have no way to anymore use the BMConf file to get the later files unless the website is opened up again.....

The language files now have been placed on the forum so anyone can get these.....I can send you over the files which was stage 1 to get your vehicles BMConf file and I can also send you over the complete set of files that were downloaded for a Fiat 500 with a gen2 module 2010-2015 models, however I cannot guarantee these will be accepted by your vehicle.....I have done this already for a few people but no one has come back and said it failed or succeeded so can only go on what vehicles I have tried to update.....
Whilst the BlueMe is an accessory and the car functions without it the modern electronics in the cars is very concerning for future life of vehicles....My friend just sent a beautiful modern Bentley to the breakers as so many electric faults kept occurring that not even the dealer garage could sort them and he had spent more on the car than it was worth.......
Apart from our Fiat 500 and an old 911 Carrera which just has an electronic ignition module and the company supplied Range Rover which is not our problem the rest of our cars are classics and we have no electronics to worry about......the Prince of Darkness is laughing from the grave
Hi there (new to forum), am currently trying to find a way acquire the files needed to update one of these systems. Long story short; just bought a Punto Evo 2010 for my sons first car and he is not able to play music from his phone, although he can bluetooth to make calls. As you can probably guess this is the end of the world to an 18yr old. Having spent hours searching and not being able to access the Blueandme site, this is the first thread that actually seems to accept that the site is dead.
Though I seem to have found BlueMeConfigurator zip file, I obviously will be unable to access site to use it to download the correct files to update it. So on reading your thread, would i be right in assuming that you have have many of these files stored? And am i to understand that you can identify and supply the required files from the information gleaned from from the files extracted to the flash drive once the configurator has been run in the vehicle ?

I know that may sound a bit thick and i appreciate that you cannot guarantee that it will work, but if i am getting it right then that would be amazing if you are able to help out in this way. Otherwise it looks like i'm gonna have to fork out to replace the head with something that has some functionality about it (only way I can see to keep the peace... Doh!)

Many thanks,
Ivan

Hi there (new to forum), am currently trying to find a way acquire the files needed to update one of these systems. Long story short; just bought a Punto Evo 2010 for my sons first car and he is not able to play music from his phone, although he can bluetooth to make calls. As you can probably guess this is the end of the world to an 18yr old. Having spent hours searching and not being able to access the Blueandme site, this is the first thread that actually seems to accept that the site is dead.
Though I seem to have found BlueMeConfigurator zip file, I obviously will be unable to access site to use it to download the correct files to update it. So on reading your thread, would i be right in assuming that you have have many of these files stored? And am i to understand that you can identify and supply the required files from the information gleaned from from the files extracted to the flash drive once the configurator has been run in the vehicle ?

I know that may sound a bit thick and i appreciate that you cannot guarantee that it will work, but if i am getting it right then that would be amazing if you are able to help out in this way. Otherwise it looks like i'm gonna have to fork out to replace the head with something that has some functionality about it (only way I can see to keep the peace... Doh!)

Many thanks,
Ivan
Hi Ivan.

The earlier cars required a BlueANDme special adapter......they are not cheap but do come up second hand........there is no way now unless Fiat open up access again to the BlueMe site the software can be updated anyway.....lppk for the special adaptor it is whaite with BlueMe printed on it and looks like a USB flashdrive fits between the cars USB and the phone to play music.....

Many thanks,
Ivan
There is one on ebay now item number 165787947099 very expensive though for a used one usually fetch around £65 but appears not too many around....they were £85 new from Fiat Accessories and I think can still be obtained

Hi
I have a question, the usb port of the car on and off every 3 seconds, with or without pendrive plug. I download and save the files of version 5.5 in pendrive and connect, but nothing happens. Any suggestion? or idea?
thanks!

Hi
I have a question, the usb port of the car on and off every 3 seconds, with or without pendrive plug. I download and save the files of version 5.5 in pendrive and connect, but nothing happens. Any suggestion? or idea?
thanks!
You may have a problem in several possible areas but I have had many centre console USB slots causing faults due to dried up coffee and biscuit crumbs built up....first thing I do is remove them clean them up and refit......not sure what model your car is but mostly this occurs on the 500 some other vehicles have them in the glovebox and these generally stay clean........as for the downloads are you downloading from the forum here or have you managed to get access to the official blueandme site. Depending on your car and model year your software level may already be at a higher level and certainly if you have a gen2 module circa 2010 onwards you would be at V8 so would not recognise a backward update as this is not possible........

provide lots more info please on the car

You may have a problem in several possible areas but I have had many centre console USB slots causing faults due to dried up coffee and biscuit crumbs built up....first thing I do is remove them clean them up and refit......not sure what model your car is but mostly this occurs on the 500 some other vehicles have them in the glovebox and these generally stay clean........as for the downloads are you downloading from the forum here or have you managed to get access to the official blueandme site. Depending on your car and model year your software level may already be at a higher level and certainly if you have a gen2 module circa 2010 onwards you would be at V8 so would not recognise a backward update as this is not possible........

provide lots more info please on the car
Hi sorry

It's a bravo dynamic 2013, recently flashing odometer and blue and me not works. The USB port on and off the light, all the time. Even the car is off. I disconect the blue and me module because dry the battery car. The USB port is up from Gearbox.
I download firmware from here versión 5.5.

Thanks

Hi, 2013 vehicle would be a gen2 module and the lowest level I have ever come across on a Gen2 is V7. V5.4 5.5 and 5.6 were the level seen on Gen1 and indeed a gen 1 could only be updated to level 5.6 and no further.......

I would suspect if you had flashing mileage and still have then you have developed a fault with the blueandme module but again have you managed to correct the flashing mileage you are not making this apparent.

You can try a proxy alignment but if mileage continues to flash then you may have to disconnect the blueme module and live without it.....that said you may just have a faulty USB port, these have been known to fail due to overheating with some devices and it may be the faulty USB causing the whole problem....

You are wasting your time thinking an update will cure your problem and at present I have been unable to update any car since the blueme site went down other than for language......

I stand to be corrected but I do not think downloading ony of the update files other than language from the forum will work but this is something currently being investigated to see what can be done......

The fact you are getting nothing and not the initial message UPDATING when ignition switched on with a flash drive with an install file on it to me means the flashdrive is not being read......if it was but not accepting the files for an update it is normal just to get error 10.

We really need Fiat to open up the blueandme site for us....

Hi, 2013 vehicle would be a gen2 module and the lowest level I have ever come across on a Gen2 is V7. V5.4 5.5 and 5.6 were the level seen on Gen1 and indeed a gen 1 could only be updated to level 5.6 and no further.......

I would suspect if you had flashing mileage and still have then you have developed a fault with the blueandme module but again have you managed to correct the flashing mileage you are not making this apparent.

You can try a proxy alignment but if mileage continues to flash then you may have to disconnect the blueme module and live without it.....that said you may just have a faulty USB port, these have been known to fail due to overheating with some devices and it may be the faulty USB causing the whole problem....

You are wasting your time thinking an update will cure your problem and at present I have been unable to update any car since the blueme site went down other than for language......

I stand to be corrected but I do not think downloading ony of the update files other than language from the forum will work but this is something currently being investigated to see what can be done......

The fact you are getting nothing and not the initial message UPDATING when ignition switched on with a flash drive with an install file on it to me means the flashdrive is not being read......if it was but not accepting the files for an update it is normal just to get error 10.

We really need Fiat to open up the blueandme site for us....
Hi, the flashing mileage was before I try to update. I try to update thinking that's solve the problem. I use the blue and me system 2 times since I have the car. I can live without this. I disconect the blue and me module because in 2 days draw the battery car. I try to proxi alignment and good bye tho b&m. Thanks again!

Hi, the flashing mileage was before I try to update. I try to update thinking that's solve the problem. I use the blue and me system 2 times since I have the car. I can live without this. I disconect the blue and me module because in 2 days draw the battery car. I try to proxi alignment and good bye tho b&m. Thanks again!
From what you write it appears you have had the common BlueMe module failure as battery drain with a faulty module is common as is flashing mileage etc.......no way would a blueme module software update correct the problem......I have managed to correct a few by cleaning up the connections that have oxydised (500 module is inside rear wing area and prone to damp)......If you disconnect the module it may correct the flashing mileage and if not you need to do a proxy alignment to remove it from the cars system.......

Would anyone have the Blue and Me files to update a Portuguese 2008 Fiat 500? I just bought the car and for the looks of it no one updated it since birth!

Would anyone have the Blue and Me files to update a Portuguese 2008 Fiat 500? I just bought the car and for the looks of it no one updated it since birth!
a 2008 car will have a generation 1 module so your ability to update is very limited and doubful you could gain any advantage in the 5.+ upgrade anyway....all you wuill be left able to do is change the language if required but any updates are now I have found just not possible since Fiat pulled the access to the Blueandme.net website

Back