General Bloody car!

Currently reading:
General Bloody car!

Aspect

On the way to work this morning, and it started juttering and all of a sudden ENGINE FAULT!!! :eek: . It sounded like a bloody tractor after that. Managed to get it home, my dad looked over it. All that spark plugs were ok, but he reckons the bit that goes on top of the spark plug has gone on one of them. We phoned one place who have said it would take two days to get and cost £45!!

Bloody car! :mad: :bang:

Coil... Very Common Fault! We Sell Hundreds Of These! £45 Is Right, I Wouldnt Be Tempted To Go For Cheaper Options Over The Fiat Ones.. I Now Carry A Full Set Of 4 In The Boot (just In Case!):d ERRRRR I DO MEAN 5!!!!

Some People Advise Changing All 4 At Once If The Funds Are There As The Rest May Well Follow Suit!!:(

Last edited:
Aspect said:
On the way to work this morning, and it started juttering and all of a sudden ENGINE FAULT!!! :eek: . It sounded like a bloody tractor after that. Managed to get it home, my dad looked over it. All that spark plugs were ok, but he reckons the bit that goes on top of the spark plug has gone on one of them. We phoned one place who have said it would take two days to get and cost £45!!

Bloody car! :mad: :bang:

Famous 1.6 fault Nick . . . try having a 1.8 that always sounds like a tractor when you start it :p.

Shop4parts.co.uk have them instock and £40.49 inc. postage. FIAT want £42 but you should get 10% discount if you ask them nicely :D

Stuart DemonD said:
I presume out of warranty then - I got my coil pack replaced FOC, via the AA.

Well i maybe able to claim back my costs via the garage i bought it from.

My dad just phoned to tell me he's got a new one for £38 from a local spares place, and its running lovely now.

Fingers crossed no more go :)

Stuart DemonD said:
What make did he buy? Not SAGEM hopefully.

From what he said on the phone, i think it maybe a Champion one. I had 2 Champion ones and two Sagem.

Back