Tuning Best way to speed up a 903cc

Currently reading:
Tuning Best way to speed up a 903cc

Not sure about the height of the TA, it's the 500 Abarth that I found was very tall, probably too tall for a Panda. I'm only at the tape measure stage though so may be proved wrong when I physically offer it up.

This surprises me as it's basically the same lump as the 1.4 16v people chuck in Pandas but with a Turbo on the front.

Don't suppose any of you know how to remove the steering wheel on the panda?

depending on wheel type its either a couple of screws at the back of the wheel (or prise it off with a screw driver) holding on the horn push then just a 22mm nut to undo. Undo the nut to the last couple of turns then pull the wheel off. You can take the nut off then yank the wheel off but you risk losing a couple of teeth :eek:

depending on wheel type its either a couple of screws at the back of the wheel (or prise it off with a screw driver) holding on the horn push then just a 22mm nut to undo. Undo the nut to the last couple of turns then pull the wheel off. You can take the nut off then yank the wheel off but you risk losing a couple of teeth :eek:

:yeahthat: except it's a 24mm nut. Bear in mind if it's not been off before the centre nut will be extremely tight, as will the wheel to pull off the column. Once the centre nut is off there really is nothing else holding it on, just hit it!

I had a quick go earlier and I have two screws behind the steering wheel I undid these and didn't know what to do after

They hold the horn push on, once they are undone just get a screwdriver or something in the edge of the horn buton on the front and lever it out to expose the big nut underneath.

Thanks the the help and say I was getting a aftermarket steering wheel what size boss would I need

One that fits the wheel you buy...and a Panda. Not many about really, I got lucky and got my 2 as they came up at non silly prices on the 'bay but fishing about quickly this looks like about it at the minute:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Pand...11999647?fits=Model:Panda&hash=item417394b49f
6 hole Momo style fitment which is the most common. Just don't buy a Raid wheel which is very similar, but not quite the same. A lot of other bosses if you can find one are drilled for either. Mountney 'classic' wheels and Moto Lita are totally different, much larger centre holes.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
One that fits the wheel you buy...and a Panda. Not many about really, I got lucky and got my 2 as they came up at non silly prices on the 'bay but fishing about quickly this looks like about it at the minute:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Pand...11999647?fits=Model:Panda&hash=item417394b49f
6 hole Momo style fitment which is the most common. Just don't buy a Raid wheel which is very similar, but not quite the same. A lot of other bosses if you can find one are drilled for either. Mountney 'classic' wheels and Moto Lita are totally different, much larger centre holes.

Would this one fit http://www.meanmachines.biz/store/b...ring-wheel-boss-kit-hub-kit.html#product-desc it's only a cheap steering wheel I brought of eBay

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Don't think so, the spline pattern changed I think about '84 so ones listed for older models like the 127, 124...(or other models called 12-something) as well as the Panda won't fit later Pandas. Seem to be a lot more of those about, just because they're common to other more traditionally tunable models.

As far as I know they do fit. Have you considered fiat cc sporting steering wheel?
Direct fit, after small mod even DI self canceling will work.

tough call.
the puntos are good to get engines from but you would need to first swap everything over to take the FIRE engine.
so you would also need to change the gearbox too.

i have installed a punto 75 (1.2 8v) engine to a panda.. others on here have installed the punto 1.2 16v engine to pandas.

all are ecu controlled :/
theres plenty of info on what you have to do to get them wired in to a panda though.

you would also need to buy an external (in line) fuel pump of about 2.5 bar pressure.
all throttle bodies auto regulate so it does not matter if you get a fuel pump that puts out more pressure.

check out the faqs post in the sticky part of the classic panda section.

Back