Technical Best replacement springs?

Currently reading:
Technical Best replacement springs?

Can anyone recommend a set of decent replacement springs?

I am keen to lower the car (once I have decorated the hall) but have no idea what springs to go for.........lots on eBay and a few modd'ing companies offer Barchetta lowering springs but I have read horror stories about them not fitting.......

Ideas/recommendations/experience please????

I have RED Lesjoefors 40/40 (some Swedish company) springs. They were quite cheap (considering this is Norway); payed about £200 for them I think (probably much cheaper in the UK). So far I haven't had any problems with them; the ride is nice - although, obviously harder than with an unlowered B, but it also looks better than an unlowered one. My only regret with these is that I can't really see that the car's been lowered by a full 40mm...maybe it's the springs, or maybe it's just a trick of the eye. In retrospect I'd go for some that lowers the car with more than 40mm, at least as long as I've only got 16"s.

I'm thinking about some coilovers myself. But is it true that the rear end needs some modifications when mounting coilovers? Or is that just something I've had a bad dream about? :p Would be nice to have the opportunity to increase the height of my Bee on the winter because of all the snow, and then lower her when summer comes.

I'm sure you wanna go all ghetto-style with your B, with hijackers and all :D

I've got some Eibachs on order. I've had some good reports on them. They're a progressive spring, so in theory not so harsh for bumps but still stiff in the corners. they're coming with some Bilstein shocks too.

I probably won't have time to fit them now until October but I'm happy to give a full report when I do!

i got the eibach 30mm lowering pro kit on mine.(y)

Much better than before, not to hard for the road and felt good on the track.

I,m happy.:)

I drove a few that were lower and they drove horrible and really bumpy.

would love to try out the Doc,s though. :D :D

i got the eibach 30mm lowering pro kit on mine.(y)

Much better than before, not to hard for the road and felt good on the track.

I,m happy.:)

I drove a few that were lower and they drove horrible and really bumpy.

would love to try out the Doc,s though. :D :D

Was it difficult to fit? How long did it take and what's involved?

Easy peasy to change them, although you need some sort of vise to change the front ones.

My Bilstein B8s arrived last night, the Eibachs (same as KC3) should arrive soon too apparently!

I intend to do the job with the help of the Docs guide. I'm no expert mechanic, so if I can do it, most people should be able to!

Well I've just been told that the springs have arrived. So, tonight I'll try and put some WD40 in the right places.

Do I really need spare bolts? Do they sheer off so easily?

Are we talking Fiat only bolts?

Back