Best place to buy a new car online ?

Currently reading:
Best place to buy a new car online ?

wolfracepunto said:
I was looking at Broadspeed ages ago when I was thinking of buying a Stilo. My vrs came from http://www.autofinders.ltd.uk/ They dont have anything Italian but do a few other makes, in case you're after a change (Ford ASBO?? :p)

You said the word Stilo then WRP thinking your heading quietly in the right direction (y)

There is only one colour for an Alfa and that is Red. I am bias though. The GT is a great car, only reason I didn't get one is because it is 3 doors and I need 5 doors or should I say that is what the wife said.

As for the GT being replaced, it is a risk with the new Brera on the scene soon, but so what - cracking car. They also hold their values really well so are a good new purchase.

These chaps sell them http://www.smartalfa.com/

Cheers for all the info guys, I've been having a good nose around, these are the prices from Afla UK so I would imagine I could get around 3k off that price by going in with the cash, or should I push for more ?​

GT_configurator_2.gif

On The Road (OTR) PriceOTR Price
£ 19,995 VAT incl.Option price
£ 5,650 VAT incl.Total OTR Price including options
£ 25,645 VAT incl.

Configuration details
cc_SuRed.gif
Engine and model
2.0 JTSCar Colour
STERLING GREY
£ 400
Wheels
18" SPOKED ALLOY WHEELS
£ 1,300
Interior
RED LEATHER
£ 1,100
Option
CLIMATE PACK
£ 200
BOSE HI-FI SYSTEM WITH SUBWOOFER
£ 600
CONNECT NAV+ TELEPHONE CONTROL ON STEERING WHEEL
£ 1,950
LUGGAGE NET
£ 100

PNL said:
Ill give you Iridewatsit paint Mark whats Chrissy said about this :cry: selling the stilo nonesense behave or i will take a stick to you or better still Chrissy can ;) :nono:
It's not been confirmed that I am selling the Stilo :cool: :slayer:

Not confirmed is as good as not selling they will only give you peanuts for the abarth and im sure you dear wife would look ace behind the wheel in the summer sporting a nice tan and sun glasses and you would only grieve if it went :cry:

PNL said:
Not confirmed is as good as not selling they will only give you peanuts for the abarth and im sure you dear wife would look ace behind the wheel in the summer sporting a nice tan and sun glasses and you would only grieve if it went :cry:
lol, I need to get her some nice new sunglasses then :chin: Oh yeah, and a british driving liscense :rolleyes: as well as all the lessons she will have to take to be able to now drive in this country.
She was fully qualified in america and had been driving for a couple of years.

Iridescant is the proper Alfa name, I don't think any other manufacturer offers it, if they do it's not the same as Alfa's. I've seen a few iridescant 156's and IMO they look well flash :cool:

I'm pretty sure the Brera isn't a replacement for the GT, as it's primarily a replacement for the GTV, and I would imagine the GT is better for rear passengers. Having said that the Brera is based on the new 159 platform, so it's probably best to ask a big Alfa fanatic to know for sure, but I'm 90% sure that both models will run along side eachother.

I think when my HP is paid off on my car, I might consider a GT JTD, as I've always said I WILL own an Alfa one day. Hopefully they'll be cheaper enough for me to afford one by then!

stilosporting said:
http://www.buyacar.co.uk/MyGarage.jhtml

i was looking here when i was after my stilo.
Thanks mate (y)

Does anyone know if Mitsubishi plan on releasing the 2006 Eclipse in the UK ?

I want one now :bang:

Or any other suggestions for a car ?

It has to be over 160BHP preferably over 200 bhp and Ideally it needs to be a 5 seater, not necessarily for 5 adults, as long as there is room in the back for 3 small kids for the next 3 or 4 years.
It has to be a selespeed style box as I would not go back to manual now but would if the car was really worth it IYKWIM.

Price can be anything from £15,000 to £25,000 maybe up to 30k if the car is really exceptional. It would preferably be New or at most one year old.

Thanks guys ;)

Mark.

Golf R32, 147 GTA, Focus RS etc etc, New Mustang :yum: , would it be pushing it to say an older Porsche 911? (maybe a lot older than 12 months but meant to be pretty well built), Nissan 350Z, they seem the obvious ones that spring to mind.

Edit: oops, not too sure if all those have a selespeed type thing! I think most new cars have that sort of thing as an option though. What about an Audi A3? The DSG 'boxes are very highly reccommended.

Last edited:
I don't know how reliable they are or aren't, just that they're supposed to be good (when they are working). They've been around for a good while now so I suspect they'd have sorted them out. I've got a mate who works for Audi, I'll ask him about them next time I see him.

The GT isn't based on the 159 platform it is based on the 147/156. The Brera is based on the 159 platform so should mean a little more legroom over the old GTV. The interior of the GT is (virtually) identical to the 147 - not a bad thing. There was some suggestion that the GT would be phased out after the Brera as they will be competing in a similar sector. Only time will tell. I'm not convinced on the Brera yet, would need to see in the flesh. I don't know how you follow up the GTV, still the most beautiful car ever made imo.

Seem to recall the rear leg room in the GT has been described as comfortable...like a leather coffin so not great. Must say the rear legroom in the back of the 156 is much less than the old Stilo and isn't ideal for regular use.

What about an RX8.

Last edited:
i still think the gt, they just look so good! or the new mustang! :yum:

would love an old muscle car *wishes he had the cash for a '67 shelby gt500e*

Attachments

• shelby500.jpg
    shelby500.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Shelby%20&%20500.jpg
    Shelby%20&%20500.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 754719.jpg
    754719.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 6
  • shelbyconcept1.jpg
    shelbyconcept1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Cheers for all the suggestions (y)

The Golf GTi and the R32 both come with a DSG box as an option and their top speed and 0-62 times are faster, they are supposed to be very good. The GTi only has 200bhp whereas the R32 has 247bhp, but the R32 looks very plain in comparison, I was very dissapointed in it on the VW site :eek: and the GTi also comes in white :D VW's options are very expensive though :nono: seams like I'd end up with a car that's not even as highly specced as my stilo and pay 12k more for it :eek: no thanks, for that sort of money I want an Alfa GT.

BUT the Alfa GT is no longer available in a selespeed version so I'd have to go for the 3.2 V6 :slayer: manual and I don't think it's it's really the sensible choice.:( I mainly will use the Alfa as a town car and use the Stilo for my work so a big thirsty engine is just a bit OTT for that purpose.

I wrote to mitsubishi today to see if they ever plan to bring the 2006 eclipse to the UK.

Ideally I want the Alfa GT I love it's styling and with a very subtle body kit on and maybe a couple of weeks at Autodelta it would be the perfect car and a classic in the making.

stilosporting said:
why not go for the multijet version then? 150bhp (before a remap) and fuel consumption would be a lot better? six speed manual tho :(
and possibly not ideal as a very low mileage town car, wouldn't be too good for the engine would it ? :confused: Short journeys and all that don't mix too well with diesels do they ?

KoArAnG said:
and possibly not ideal as a very low mileage town car, wouldn't be too good for the engine would it ? :confused: Short journeys and all that don't mix too well with diesels do they ?

:chin: not sure on that one? but ive done 10k in 6mth so guess i dont get that issue lol. (i say 6mth as fiat have had it about 3 and getting it again friday lol)

stilosporting said:
:chin: not sure on that one? but ive done 10k in 6mth so guess i dont get that issue lol. (i say 6mth as fiat have had it about 3 and getting it again friday lol)
my god mate, fiat should be paying you for the car :eek:

The muscle car thing was a nice idea and something I seriously considered buying a year ago but changed my mind and I don't think I'll go down that route again, we pay way over the odds for a car that is around 14k in america, it costs around 25k here :(

Short journeys are no worse for a diesel engine than a petrol and you'd still get 35mpg around town, 50+mpg on the open road. A diesel engine will still outlast a petrol but I'm guessing you won't be keeping it into the hundreds of thousands of miles.

I still personally prefer petrol engines, no matter what anyone tells you they are more refined but for someone who does 2000+ miles a month diesel is the only sensible option. If I was doing 500-1000 miles a month I wouldn't bother.

If you've got the cash then the 3.2 V6 is the daddy :D. I reckon fuel consumption wouldn't be far off the juice old 2.4 Stilo.

Back