Best insurance for a 17 year old

Currently reading:
Best insurance for a 17 year old

Try adding someone else to the policy,

(ask first mind.)

Adding a partner or Mum/dad grandad etc, might bring the price down a fairbit

this is what alot of young drivers are doing now ibelieve,

Dont bother with tinternet comparison sites, ring a broker direct
you carnt haggle with tinternet comparison sites, ;)

that's is a great price unfortunately - youngest when he passed his test last July insurers wanted £3k! got it from Ingenie for £1800 with a box - & he's had £170 in total back over 3 quarters review as a discount. his friend has just passed his test got a 1.9 diesel 80bhp Stilo 3dr yellow, leather, slat sun roof etc and paid £1450 with a box (the 'box' whilst it promotes careful driving is not very forgiving - someone pulls out in front of you that even a v.experienced driver would have to brake hard for and you receive a 'warning' on the regular updates - to be fair the garage that was repairing his engine and was 'caught' doing 37mph in a 30 limit for 400 yards when the garage 'owned' up to them they deleted the data

Try adding someone else to the policy,

(ask first mind.)

Adding a partner or Mum/dad grandad etc, might bring the price down a fairbit

this is what alot of young drivers are doing now ibelieve,

Dont bother with tinternet comparison sites, ring a broker direct
you carnt haggle with tinternet comparison sites, ;)

us the comparison site to compare all the options.., then once you discover what REALLY effect's the premium,
get on the phone..,

we found that 2 x 17 year old learners was cheaper to insure than 1..!!

Charlie

My first year was £103 a month with co-op black box and I hit my targets (stayed within speed limits, etc) and it got reduced to £38 a month after 6months!! Now that is bloody good but I am 100% sure they made a mistake but I never questioned it!

That why when renewal came they quoted me £200 a month with a box!!

I'm now with lv and paying £100 a month for a sporting which I think Is good! :)

My first car was £1500 for insurance at 18, with having a license for 18 months so count yourself lucky. Now on a grande Punto T-Jet I'm parting with just over £600 notes, so not bad for something twice the power and triple the torque of my old Ka. My only recommendation. If you're looking for a car and nit bought one yet, buy something different, slow and cheap like a Suzuki wagon R or a Honda Jazz, swap it in once the insurance become cheap and buy a nice Fiat then.

If you like driving fast dont even consider a black box just had my insurance cancelled cause of driving to fast and now its 3500 to get back on the road but when im 19 its 2500 without a box which is a grand more than i wouldve been paying with the years no claims i wouldve had so pissed off with myself

Back