Doblo BCU connector help needed (steering controls retrofit)

Currently reading:
Doblo BCU connector help needed (steering controls retrofit)

con95a

I want to add wiring from the BCU to my aftermarket radio in an attempt to get steering wheel controls functional. (Please read below before suggesting the looms that can be purchased for this purpose)

TL;DR
What type of pin connectors do fiat use for the plug that connects to the BCU?

The wiring size needed is 22awg or 0.35mm2. I've seen molex and dupont names pop up when searching the web, but no idea how to ensure it's the right size/shape etc. I don't know how many possible varieties there are even.

The vehicle is a Doblo van 263 (2014)

(If you're interested, the van didn't originally have steering wheel controls or multimedia / b&me. After successfully retrofitting cruise control, which involved replacing the clock spring/squib and stalk assembly, I wondered if I could add a steering wheel with the controls and somehow get that working. I understand that it usually operates through the canbus system (originally through the multimedia module), but the aftermarket radio has the ability to "map" buttons from detecting key presses through canbus. My plan is to confirm that the wiring is in place from the rear of clock spring to the BCU for the canbus low wiring. Then add the wires from the BCU to the radio gadget which deciphers canbus signals. I have the wiring diagram specs for the van so can identify the correct pin port numbers on the BCU for the canbus wiring that would have originally gone to the multimedia module, these wires are the ones I am hoping when run to the canbus signal decoder will translate swc button presses into something readable to the aftermarket radio. If you made sense of that, but have any questions feel free to ask. I've spent hours of scouring the web and forums to get this far, so anything I can pass on I will

Congratulations on the skills you have, I am retired after 50 years in the motortrade and am having trouble finding information to check the wiring, pinouts etc of the ECU on my 2010 263 Doblo Maxi 1.6 multijet with P010F MAF A/B correlation and U0001 Can Line High codes , going into Limp Mode when warmed up and accelerating . AutoData seems weak on wiring details for this model, not even the correct results I should see at the MAF sensor or even if it is possible to test this MAF with a voltmeter as the older 1.9JTD.
If you can point me to where I can find more information I would appreciate. Mike

Did you figure out where to connect the canbus for steering wheel controls and the multimedia system? I have buy a multimedia nvi system with canbus decoder, but my car do not have canbus wire for that. Can someone help me please?

Did you figure out where to connect the canbus for steering wheel controls and the multimedia system? I have buy a multimedia nvi system with canbus decoder, but my car do not have canbus wire for that. Can someone help me please?
Perhaps @con95a can help , he did mention having wiring diagram specs for vehicle.
My issue turned out to be half electrical with a bad drivers door wiring plug and half mechanical in a air leak on the inlet manifold at the EGR cooler pipe which caused the black smoke.

Hi there, so in short yes I had the diagrams to connect into the BCU, however this didn't work. My understanding is that to possibly have it running like stock, you'd also need to get a Blue & me unit and wire that up to the canbus system, but even this may not work. I don't know if the BCU is the same across all models or if there is a slightly different one for higher spec models with Bluetooth & Steering Wheel Controls (SWC) as standard.

However the good news is I was able to get the SWC working. After going to all the trouble of finding out the pin out of the BCU and buying some second hand BCU connectors to reuse the pin connectors so I could add in my DIY canbus wires, and it not working, I then discovered that the signals sent from the SWC buttons must be resistance based and not canbus. This meant I could connect the wires directly from the SWC to the aftermarket android head unit, as this has the ability to map buttons based on resistance. You'll have to refer to the instructions that come with your head unit to find out if it has the ability to map buttons, if it does there will be a wire or two on the back of the head unit that you will connect to the SWC and possibly a ground.

Hi there, so in short yes I had the diagrams to connect into the BCU, however this didn't work. My understanding is that to possibly have it running like stock, you'd also need to get a Blue & me unit and wire that up to the canbus system, but even this may not work. I don't know if the BCU is the same across all models or if there is a slightly different one for higher spec models with Bluetooth & Steering Wheel Controls (SWC) as standard.

However the good news is I was able to get the SWC working. After going to all the trouble of finding out the pin out of the BCU and buying some second hand BCU connectors to reuse the pin connectors so I could add in my DIY canbus wires, and it not working, I then discovered that the signals sent from the SWC buttons must be resistance based and not canbus. This meant I could connect the wires directly from the SWC to the aftermarket android head unit, as this has the ability to map buttons based on resistance. You'll have to refer to the instructions that come with your head unit to find out if it has the ability to map buttons, if it does there will be a wire or two on the back of the head unit that you will connect to the SWC and possibly a ground.
Can u share some diagrams? For me is not necessary to use steering wheel buttons (first of all I do not have it). I want only to connect my multimedia system to canbus, to can see for example: door open, trip, temperature...etc. do u think that is possible? I have a canbus decoder (I hope is for my fiat type). I do not have a Blu&me! Thks

Can u share some diagrams? For me is not necessary to use steering wheel buttons (first of all I do not have it). I want only to connect my multimedia system to canbus, to can see for example: door open, trip, temperature...etc. do u think that is possible? I have a canbus decoder (I hope is for my fiat type). I do not have a Blu&me! Thks
I will try and find out the diagram of the canbus system. I can't say for definite if it will work as I don't really understand how these canbus systems work, if your original radio didn't connect to the canbus system, I doubt you'll get the results you're hoping for. Whether adding Blue&Me into the system would make it work I can only guess, maybe it will maybe it won't, but that would also need adding as a module using MES (if this is possible I don't know)

I managed to connect the android multimedia system to canbus car! The only annoying things Is that the odometer is blinking. I try to make the PROXI ALIGNMENT with MES, it See's the entertainment EOL node OK, but the alignment was not successful because of a TIMEOUT ERROR. Any suggestions?

I managed to connect the android multimedia system to canbus car! The only annoying things Is that the odometer is blinking. I try to make the PROXI ALIGNMENT with MES, it See's the entertainment EOL node OK, but the alignment was not successful because of a TIMEOUT ERROR. Any suggestions?
Interesting, did you add in the blue & me unit? Unfortunately I do not know anything about canbus to even start suggesting reasons for the timeout error. Have you tried it again in case it was just a glitch?

I do not put any other modules. I found some diagrams for some sistem and I see 2 types of can network and I try both and finally one was working. After that I scan my car for error code and I see that a PROXI ALIGNMENT Is required. I do that, but with timeout error for entertainment system. The only thing annoying is that the odometer is blinking! I can leave with that! I will try to do another PROXI ALIGNMENT but I will try to find another MES version. Maybe that's the problem!

I do not put any other modules. I found some diagrams for some sistem and I see 2 types of can network and I try both and finally one was working. After that I scan my car for error code and I see that a PROXI ALIGNMENT Is required. I do that, but with timeout error for entertainment system. The only thing annoying is that the odometer is blinking! I can leave with that! I will try to do another PROXI ALIGNMENT but I will try to find another MES version. Maybe that's the problem!
Is the entertainment system working with the canbus system?

Yes, it is. Is showing doors open, when I turn on the lights the multimedia system is changing the illumination level, I can see distance and how much the car consume, and is changing to back camera (and radar sensor) witch I will mount this days!

Back