Technical Battery issue

Currently reading:
Technical Battery issue

hub61

Hi, '63 4x4 TwinAir. Been doing only short runs over the last couple of weeks in Cold, Wintry conditions, Car left outside, Locked with remote. Came out this morning to completely flat battery, Various warnings about 4x4 not available etc which were not a problem....The wipers were running a very slow intermittent sweep which continued even with key removed, Weird!! Got a jump start which took a while to fire up but car now running fine, all electrics are good. What worried me was the wipers...Had they been going all night to get the battery so low, or was it just a weird happen?? Anybody had this before??

Is it an older 169 most by late 2013 we’re face lift model that has its own section on the forum

Anyhow wipers are controlled via the body computer. If the battery is below 5.5V it will do all sorts of random things

Probably just a battery

But worth checking it’s charging okay and there is no parasitic discharge

Before ordering any parts

It is a facelift, which I thought WAS a MK3 🤔🤔 although I see posts here relating to older 169 model (which I had previously).
After browsing forum the drain might have been the Blue&Me module, now disconnected (I have the flashing mileage).

It is a facelift, which I thought WAS a MK3 🤔🤔 although I see posts here relating to older 169 model (which I had previously).
After browsing forum the drain might have been the Blue&Me module, now disconnected (I have the flashing mileage).
Correct on all accounts 👍

And yep Mk numbers are confusing

Shop 4 Parts say the 169 Panda is Mk2. I guess the classic Panda Is Mk1 and 1A along lines of the Punto mark numbering system.

Shop 4 Parts say the 169 Panda is Mk2. I guess the classic Panda Is Mk1 and 1A along lines of the Punto mark numbering system.
Thats what I would have thought....2012 onwards should be Mk3 🤷‍♂️

Back