Bass Box Vs Bass Tube

Currently reading:
Bass Box Vs Bass Tube

Tweedbean

Va Va Vroom
Just a quick question, apart from the obvious shape difference, what are the other differences? Am i right in saying bass boxes are better???

Thanks

Bass Boxes are better if you have a bit more money to spend, bass tubes are the budget option. The difference between the two is that the bass box has to have a seperate amp, its usually more powerful and of a higher quality and it takes up more room (usually). The bass tube is what is known as an active subwoofer which means that the amp is actually in the tube, which means that you cannot be fussy over the components you choose, are usually a lot cheaper and are nowhere near as good.

Subs and amps are so cheap now that you are better off staying well clear of bass tubes.

Depends...if it hasnt got an integrated amp, its just a space full of air that a speaker bolts in to.

Tubes have the advantage that they follow the profile of the speaker better (no real advantage apart from looks), but boxes can be made smaller (for the same volume).

Thanks for the response
I asked loads of people this before and they never give me a decent answer!

Nice one :)

If someone gives you a useful response then always remember to reward them by clicking the "report this post to a moderator" sign underneath the post and then stating in the message that you would like to give them a reputation point and for what :D

Very expensive for something u can only ever use in a particular car. Just get a normal sub container (for a 10" one it won't be that big). Even better is to build a sub box yourself and then you can make it is high, wide or as tall as you want (obviously taking note of the manufacturers recommended volume space of the box) (y)

Ive already got a sub in my car, but thanks for the advice.

DSCF0021.JPG

ice.jpg

1x Sony F7500 Sony CD/MP3 Head Unit
2x Kenwood KFC 1069s 100W Component Speakers
1x Auto Acoustics Stealth Shelf
2x Kenwood KFC 6907 200W 6x9 Speakers
1x 12" SPLX XL Series 500w Subwoofer
1x 500W Boss Amp

Ice Plans - To Mount my amp on the back of my seats, and add another amp to run the 6x9's. Thinking of adding neons in the boot!!!

Back