Technical Barchetta Fuel Cap -fuel smell

Currently reading:
Technical Barchetta Fuel Cap -fuel smell

On various mediums I have seen the fuel cap listed as a cause of the fuel smell in the B's.
People have reported changing the fuel cap and the smell no longer being a problem.
My question is why would this be the case?
If the seal on the cap has failed surely this would negate the fuel tank pressurising ( which I understand, is what causes the vapors to escape by pushing them through the old seals)
Am I missing something?
How do you check your cap, mine looks ok and the is certainly allowing the tank to pressurise.

There's a lot of topics here about fuel leak and smell, a fairly common problem. The reason is usually in the connection between filler hose and the tank.
I don't think the cap is to blame here, but it if was, it could be detected easily with your bare nose.

I am planning to look at the seals and hoses as others have written about, just curious as the fuel cap gets mentioned and has been identified as the cause by some.
Just out of interest does anyone know how pressurised the fuel tank should get, mine release quite a bit of pressure when opening the fuel cap, particularly in warm weather?

Mine also does quite a loud hiss when cap is opened. Which way the hiss goes, in or out, I'm not really sure. I think there's a bit of a vacuum in the tank, because of the fuel vapor removal working.

Back