Barbara_s_Panda_4x4_004.jpg

Panda (Classic) Barbara's Panda 4x4.

Introduction

My Partner Barbara has finally got her own Panda.

It's a 1990 4x4 in a lovely light blue metalic. New wheels and tyres were added today, new tan interior, engine upgrade, and chunkier tyres to come soon.

Not so much fun is a gearbox overhaul. :(

I remember you saying Barbara's 4x4 is going to be nicer than your old white one, i thought 'Pah yeah right..' sorry, i was wrong (y)

That tan suits it lovely :yum:
Are you planning on coming down to the island next year? :devil:

As it goes i now own a 4x4, just not a panda.. or Fiat.
Still got my colour :)

I remember you saying Barbara's 4x4 is going to be nicer than your old white one, i thought 'Pah yeah right..' sorry, i was wrong (y)

That tan suits it lovely :yum:
Are you planning on coming down to the island next year? :devil:

As it goes i now own a 4x4, just not a panda.. or Fiat.
Still got my colour :)

Thanks Nathan (y).

Yes I'm sure we'll be back next year. That reminds me, you wanted some parts! :eek:. If you can PM me what they were I'll see what I have. (y)

Well now the mot's ran out on this one I'm going to tuck it away for a couple of months while I tend to other work. Hopefully I can start and finish the engine swap and other mechanical jobs before the show season starts around April time.

So today I gave it a jetwash off to remove any lingering salt, and took a couple of final pics. Tried to get a nice snowy scene but because I could no longer drive on public roads I was restricted to the yard, so I just settled for getting as many other Pandas in the background as I could. ;)

In my opinion it would look too much...the black for me breaks the other colour up.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I have two options in mind which I will try out.

1. Paint the grille dark mettallic grey to match the sump guard and rock sliders.

2. Using a later grille, just paint the top and bottom edges body colour. You can see in the first of the last pics posted that I have done this to the white Panda. Charmania has been painted this way too..........

Vern
We will have to call you the Saint from now on, as playing I spy I see a P1800 Volvo lurking in the background
Dave

Vern
We will have to call you the Saint from now on, as playing I spy I see a P1800 Volvo lurking in the background
Dave

Dave, didn't you see my halo last time we met? :p

You're quite right, it's an 1800ES, the estate version. My Dad owned it for thirty years but only used it for the first five. It's not bad, very complete, but will need a full restoration to do it justice. It's waiting till I fancy a break from Pandas. ;)

It was already decided that this was not to be Barbara's ( Panda Mo's ) Panda after all as she would always be worried about it getting scratched, but now she has 'Bo' the Selecta the decision is well and truly cemented.

This meant that we needed a new name for this one. After about 30 seconds of thought we chose 'Barry', we'd bought him in South Wales you see ( Barry Island :p ).

As soon as I said it it sounded right. This is going to be one posh Panda but calling him Barry will keep his feet/wheels firmly on the ground. No disrespect to Barry's out there but I don't think it's ever been thought of as a posh name ;).

Vern, have you concidered spraying the Panda 1000 rear badge in gold rather than standard grey?

Simmilar as some of the Lexus LS400 does have golden badges being special fully pack versions.

Back