Banks....

Currently reading:
Banks....

Ok so need a bit of advice, really cheesed off with my new bank, a cheque bounced as i thought a direct debit had been taken when it hadnt :eek: so i got a £35 charge as no cash in the account, but i then got another £30 charge because this £35 charge had sent my account into the red, surely they cant do that can they when it was their charge that put me into the red in the first place? (n) :cry:

Alan.D said:
They often do and don't give a sh*t.

My advice speak to the manager explain the mess up re dd and grovel....they seem to like that and may take some money off the charge or refund it.

But dont hold your breath Alex :bang: all these banks and financial institutions are a law unto them selves (n)

and i work for a bank... despite what people say aboiut them being "a law unto themselves" they do have contingencies in place... they are still a business and you don't get customer's by picking on poor folk.

Just explain the mix up and they'll usually let you off on some charges if it's a first offense... if it's not, all the banks have to have a process in place where they can "help" their customer's sort out their finance problems...have a word with a branch manager and they can usually sort something out for you.

PNL said:
But dont hold your breath Alex :bang: all these banks and financial institutions are a law unto them selves (n)
As Seraph has said, I don't agree with that comment.

I work in a bank and see both sides of the story. I deal with charge negotiations daily and the fact he's been charged twice is perfectly legal and well within the terms&conditions he agreed to. That doesn't mean to say Alex doesn't have a leg to stand on, but if they say no to refunds, they will stand.

Any bank who cares for your business will appreciate the cock up and give you something back :)

Seraph said:
and i work for a bank... despite what people say aboiut them being "a law unto themselves" they do have contingencies in place... they are still a business and you don't get customer's by picking on poor folk.

Just explain the mix up and they'll usually let you off on some charges if it's a first offense... if it's not, all the banks have to have a process in place where they can "help" their customer's sort out their finance problems...have a word with a branch manager and they can usually sort something out for you.

Sooo you work in a bank :p well you will certainly make a A **** of a manager as it says in your profile BRINGER OF PAIN [when your customer opens the letter telling them your bank has screwed them for extortionate charges] DESTROYER OF WORLDS [when the customer tops hims/hers self because they cant pay the arrears from your charges and have recieved a demanding letter]just like the goverment/councils in this wonderfull country of ours your out to screw the pips out of people until we POP and DEFILER OF GOOD [well lets hope you havnt](n)

PNL said:
Sooo you work in a bank :p well you will certainly make a A **** of a manager as it says in your profile BRINGER OF PAIN [when your customer opens the letter telling them your bank has screwed them for extortionate charges] DESTROYER OF WORLDS [when the customer tops hims/hers self because they cant pay the arrears from your charges and have recieved a demanding letter]just like the goverment/councils in this wonderfull country of ours your out to screw the pips out of people until we POP and DEFILER OF GOOD [well lets hope you havnt](n)
Sounds like a pretty good job that, might apply for a branch manager role on Monday :chin:

I think pnl, you're missing something quite important from life...

You are surely old enough to be a master of your own destiny... shouldn't you be learning how to look after yourself, and be able to accept responsibility for your actions...

i.e. you take out a loan/credit agreement, be it a credit card, a bank account, a mortgage or whatever.. they say.. Please pay back within the terms you agree to, otherwise it costs us to chase you, and after all, if it's not a big enough charge, what is there to say you wont just keep not paying back... if you don't pay back, you get the charge...

I think that job sounds good.. bringer of pain... that's about right...oh yea, i'd be responsible for that BMW one of your mates bought... maybe they couldn't have afforded it, and shouldn't have been leant the money... but if they lied and said they didn't have 'x' outgoings...that's our fault why?

GhostWKD said:
Sounds like my old debt collection agency job that :p

Going to phone the bank today i think, will let you all know how i get on, going to go for paying just the first charge and getting off the second :p

to be fair, you may as well go all out... nothin to lose..
just say "i hadn't realised that blah blah blah.." usually first time they'll let you off..actually. barclays never used to question, i had loads of charges reversed...

When assessing charges, banks tend to look upon it as to what you did to try to avoid and rectify the situation. If it's a DD that's cocked up, then make sure they know that (y)

:yeahthat:

the banks generally give you the benefit of the doubt (unless it happens weekly and they see no signs of you trying to correct it) but make sure you let them know asap. and even pre-notify them if you know things are due as they may help you out before charges come into play :)

well i failed DPA :eek: lol sure my pass code is xxxxxx but apparently its not :eek: but sorted it in the end think i got through to newbie who kept putting me on hold :p eventually got through to nice guy who agreed to credit the £35 charge but wouldnt waiver the £30 one, but still, a penny saved and a lesson learnt :eek:

Back