yaris1.jpg

Babz's Toyota Yaris

Introduction

Seen as I was told to clean and polish it today, i thought I might as well take some nice piccies of my handywork!

This is Babz's new car. A Toyota Yaris. Its the 1L 16v with 19k on the clocks. Owned by an elderlylady all its life so its never clocked any big milage. Cost £3200 and is a generally lovely example!

yaris1.jpgyaris2.jpg
yaris3.jpgyaris4.jpg
yaris5.jpg

I really like it! Got quite a bit of go, nowt compared to the CRX but its not bad with a full load of 5. Quite a weird seating position. Seems really high up, but then im used to being sat on the floor in the CRX :p I would actually consider buying one but it would have to be the 1.5 speedie version :D

All it needs is a nice set of 15s and the 3 door sporty spoiler and skirts and ital be spot on :D. Oh and I LOVE the colour (y)
i won't lie. i think they're awful cars. bland, boring, no poke - no feedback. i would never buy a car like that.

i've driven a 1.0l yaris, the engine is totally torqueless and there is no feeling from the pedals or the wheel - totally detached feeling from it. and the colour is horrid to boot.

BUT, it's not my car - so, so what!

i didnt like the look of the yaris when it first came out, but then i drove one and found out they're a lot better than they look. plus the build quality is great for a supermini. the speedo is the only thing i cant forgive.

decent looking car but 3200 for a 7 year old supermini seems very steep.

you can get a del mileage panda for 3999.

However the pandas residual drops like a stone once its off the forecourt whereas toyotas hold their second hand value very well.

Where the hell can you get a panda for £3999 brand new delivery mileage???

thats cheaper than a new perodua kelisa :eek:

Bull and sh*t spring to mind from Alex again or youve been fed a line from someone :rolleyes:

However the pandas residual drops like a stone once its off the forecourt whereas toyotas hold their second hand value very well.

Where the hell can you get a panda for £3999 brand new delivery mileage???

thats cheaper than a new perodua kelisa :eek:

Bull and sh*t spring to mind from Alex again or youve been fed a line from someone :rolleyes:

saw a couple 2 weeks back being test driven, 3999 delivery mileage in stickers along the side, fiat newcastle.

and the words d*ck and head spring to mind

thats why its so cheap to buy a toyota, the cost of a car isnt how much it costs to buy, its how much you lose in total between buying and selling, so a £4000 fiat is a lot more expensive than a £4000 toyota. i prefer to take it one step further and make a profit on my cars.

thats why its so cheap to buy a toyota, the cost of a car isnt how much it costs to buy, its how much you lose in total between buying and selling, so a £4000 fiat is a lot more expensive than a £4000 toyota. i prefer to take it one step further and make a profit on my cars.

yeh but some people would prefer a brand new car with a warranty.

i usually make profits on bikes (y)

Back