Toyota Trueno AE111 which iv put a deposit on.

Currently reading:
Toyota Trueno AE111 which iv put a deposit on.

its only come into the country last week so its fresh import, has 111,000 km on the clock which is ruff 69k miles off the top of my head, clean a fcuk! i havent seen a cleaner 1996 car in ages! has a view scrathes here and there, what do you expect. its strangly sitting on mx5 alloys and generally sound.

features include:
air-con, p.a.s., cd + mini disc player, super stut suspension, 1.6 20v vvt engine, individual throttle bodies, pillowless doors ( i love ) and alot of golf tee's in the boot. lol and the optional extra body kit and spolier.

i like it, and its just a car to potter around in for a year and something which will be quick and comfortable. (better than my volvo)
plus i like the rareity of them. iv only ever seen one on the road before.

DSC01930.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

DSC01928.jpg

and yes i noticed the rear bumper is a diff colour to the rest of the car.

Are cars like this easy to get insurance for especially a car like this as ive never heard of it either

looks a bit like a silvia s15 too i quite like it, but the same as StevenRB45 was expecting too see an AE86, never seen one of these on the road though looks a good buy(y)

insurance is ok £1100, il be 20 with no ncb so not too bad. plus this is classed as a corolla. going to look more into it. diffrence is bumpers, thats all what iv found. i viewed a levin after this but wasnt impressed.

sorry to disapoint that its not a ae86! and yes its fwd with 165bhp (toyota figures) with a 8k rpm limit.

Looks aot like a Levin? Whats the difference?

View attachment 39817

only the name and lights are different, oh and the bonnet badge, but its still a levin, or corolla coupe if you prefer.

StevenRB45 said:
I assume that one is front wheel drive?
yes unfortunately

cantbassed said:
something which will be quick
the blacktop 4age engine should be putting out over 160bhp even if its standard, but the best bit is it revs to 8000rpm, so 0-60 is only 7secs. bring it on! its the closest to a race spec engine that toyota has ever managed, many people think of it as a toyota v-tec. its a legend and i'd be proud to own one.

Last edited:
only the name and lights are different, oh and the bonnet badge, but its still a levin, or corolla coupe if you prefer.

yes unfortunately

the blacktop 4age engine should be putting out over 160bhp even if its standard, but the best bit is it revs to 8000rpm, so 0-60 is only 7secs. bring it on! its the closest to a race spec engine that toyota has ever managed, many people think of it as a toyota v-tec. its a legend and i'd be proud to own one.

cheers mate! im looking forward to driving her. hopefully i get this before saturday as i have a rr booked with corsa sport. if not im going to run my volvo 340 1.7 and see how much its lost in the 18 years! lol

but yes im very proud to own her!

i remember the last time i saw a blacktop 4age engine. i stroked it softly, we had a immediate spiritual bonding, it was definately love. i never thought i'd ever feel that way about a toyota engine with a plastic cover on, but i do. have you felt the love yet?

Last edited:
yes a few plans such as.....

-4-2-1 mani
-exhaust system and decat
-coilovers
-bigger trumpets for the throttle bodies
-and put my hks managment which i had on my glanza on
-cool louvrs for the throttle bodies (being a dark car hopefully you wont see them)

looking for 180-190 bhp. i got it RR's and she made 141bhp

any other ideas?

im loving her to bits! revving round to 8k and hitting vvt, im deff in love. though im missing the glanza with turbo power, im still going to have alot of fun with this! poss more track day fun! handle so nicely even though standard and not on the super strut suspension.

141bhp is good, she hasnt lost too much over the years.

best way to turn the 4age into a moster is to supercharge it, then its called the 4agze, and it blows away most turbo alternatives. 45% more torque than the 4age as standard, and just as reliable. its defo a worthwhile conversion for an AE111, and something that plenty of people have done so all the info you need is out there.

Last edited:
yeh iv seen the super charged levins, and its engine. but are they not 16v engines? i know one thing on the black top is that the pistons and rods are weak and most people use the silver top (16) rods and pistons. aprantly that strengthen's the internals alot on the 4age.

well atm mods are a last thing on my mind, trying to save money for insurance, (may) and iv been out of work since january so have been living on money which im making out of selling things. but i have a job which im starting in the next couple of weeks. so all should be sorted. also, im looking for BZR's for the diff, bigger brakes and better body kit, plus its no extra on the insurance as they dont have models on there list. im playing a waiting game atm. but im considering alot of diffrent routes on improving the engine. but over all trying to stick with N/A as turbo's can be agro. plus iv played with with turbo'd cars now. super charger, well.... i duno?? lol

cheers for the advise mate! you know your stuff!

Last edited:
Back