my new car, Toyota Starlet Glanza V

Currently reading:
my new car, Toyota Starlet Glanza V

I bought this car back in March 2007 from a place in Edmonton.

This is how the car stood for when I first saw her:

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00418.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

After a lot of bargaining and hassling as I was trading a car in I got the following thrown in.

Tein Coilovers
Apexi induction kit
From what I have been told “Works” alloys
Boost gauge
Some crappy seats

This is what she looked like when I picked her up

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00479.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

(I got the dump valve cheap of a friend. Its very loud. Looking to put it some where else in the future)

After a couple of weeks I was getting embarrassed of the seats, so they had to go! On eBay they went and on eBay I went for some new ones!

And I found…..

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

I thought id go to a rolling road, and see the current out –put of my car which was a nice 135bhp 134 f/lb-t  from the place I got it rolling roaded “Track And Road” I got given a number on someone who mods jap cars etc. gave him a call, told him my budget and what I wanted etc.

I then saved up my pennies and got the following:

HKS EVC 6
HKS f-con is
Apexi Turbo timer (this was off a mate, but got this bloke to fit it for me)
Loom, and other fittings to fit the above
And a Re-map

DSC00782.jpg

DSC00781.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

DSC00787.jpg

dyno2120607.jpg

From the mapping, I got told my clutch is on the way out, and I will need to invest in cooling mods. Like an F.M.I.C or charge cooler. I got plenty of torque but not so much on the bhp. But on the dyno sheet you can see the 1st time went to the dyno.

After lots of fun with the new bit of poke, I was wearing the tyres out more and more. I made the wrong decision on tyre size, but luckily iv pulled it off now I think. I got Eagle F1’s 195/45/15 should of went for 50’s 

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00886.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

DSC00889.jpg

some random photo’s

DSC00967.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

then I bought the Auto Bahn88 F.M.I.C, if you want 12hours of agro and having to go out to buy more samco get this! ;)

also got my car lowered aventually!

DSC00935.jpg

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00989.jpg

DSC00995.jpg

DSC01003.jpg

DSC01913.jpg

DSC01177.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

now have her completely stripped out in the back. From putting the front mount on, that night my clutch went, so now I have to drive around like a 1.3 N/A lol. But have booked the car back in, in 2 weeks to get fuelling mods, de-cat etc and then another re-map to get as much as I can out of this turbo! But im just waiting on him for now  I bought my new clutch of dave burwash “thank you” and now im just waiting, and will post up when all Is done!

Thankyou for looking, all comments welcome
And any suggestions you think I should do are also welcome.

nice, what boost are you running? I've just ordered the Autobahn FMIC, Exedy Clutch and ZEP Racing flywheel for my EP82, already got an HKS Actuator, Decat, 5Zigen exhaust, Magnecore Leads etc...

nice, what boost are you running? I've just ordered the Autobahn FMIC, Exedy Clutch and ZEP Racing flywheel for my EP82, already got an HKS Actuator, Decat, 5Zigen exhaust, Magnecore Leads etc...

im running 1bar as of the moment, aparantly the autobahn fits perfect in the ep82's??? lol i think im maybe having to go down the lightened fly wheel aswell. maybe the cusco one. have you a link of profile of yours mate?

Yeah from what I've read you don't have to take the crash bar off on the EP82 so its a pretty decent fit lol. I've had mine since May last year and it was pretty much standard when I bought it! this is a link to mine :-

https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors-non-fiat/111872-my-gt.html

I still need to sort the fuelling out as it misfires at 10psi despite running uprated leads and plugs, ran it at 4.5psi down the strip and managed a 16.1 on my first ever run, then it got rained off lol -_-

also just noticed you're on toyotagtturbo.com, I'm matt_seicentos on there :p

Last edited:
carbon bonnet next me thinks!... lol

would set it off to a tee!

my mates on toyotagtturbo.com pete_r86 a thinks his name.

thankyou all for your comments! carbon bonnet is a maybe?? some nice person has descided to play knots and crosses on my bonnet! not happy :( im going to get all engine work done 1st then il sort out how it looks! :)

well stripped the rear and put harness's in and atm the mo its looks like this:

DSC01228.jpg

DSC01229.jpg

and i sent the car in to be fixed up such as:

new uprated Greddy clutch, cusco lightened fly wheel, uprated fuel pump and filter, Hks fuel rail, uprated hks atuator, briaded fuel hoosing, hks fuel regulator, goodrich fastners and a de-cat.

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

DSC01270.jpg

DSC01266.jpg

this should get me ready for a new re-map and then hopefully seeing 160-170bhp and hopefully over 200 torque as this is what the standard turbo can take. then im going to save up and pay back some money iv borrowed. also looking at scooby turbo for next up-grade!

Last edited:
Brilliant,

I love these cars and this is a top example!

A friend of mine has a Pulsar GTR running around 240bhp, alot of people don't realise what cars like these actually are, which is half the fun ;)

Anybody who knows anything will be impressed, I know I am (y)

cheers mate! yes, people do really under estimate these cars, of such a small engine of which so much power and torque can be acheived! i love pulsars, usually when starlet gt owners get bored of there cars, they move onto pulsars or evo's! i wana skyline r32 gtr after this me thinks! jap is the way forward i personally think.

(i have to be honest i still miss my punto though)

how are you finding the autobahn kit atm? you have got an autobahn or am I thinking of someone else lol?

Car looks very nice with the lip, bloody low though! :O

Speedvision bringing TD04l kit out next month hopefully, 200+bhp here I come :D

Back