d92d9a5e.jpg

Toyota GT86 :D

Introduction

Went with the other half to Toyota today because he was interested in the new GT86, anyway he ended up placing an order for one.
Now the wait begins, the salesmen haven't even seen one yet!!

Anyway have any opinions? Bad or good? (y)
Have to say I do like the GT86 a lot. I haven't actually seen a Subaru BRZ on the road yet, but I've seen a couple of GT86s.

And much of the engine is stamped Subaru. The top cover is the only bit with a toyota badge, but everything else is stamped Subaru.

I know if I had 26k laying around this wouldn't be the car id buy :(

But it's a nice purchase non the less, not entirely sure what manufacturers are faffing around with those hideous type of alloys though.

I don't want to be a killjoy but I thought that Toyota deliberately chose to fit narrow tyres so drivers could enjoy an "involving drive" at safe speeds ie a bit of oversteer at speeds within the legal limit. Isn't changing the tyres and suspension kind of missing the whole point of the car?

I don't want to be a killjoy but I thought that Toyota deliberately chose to fit narrow tyres so drivers could enjoy an "involving drive" at safe speeds ie a bit of oversteer at speeds within the legal limit. Isn't changing the tyres and suspension kind of missing the whole point of the car?

It's not been affected at all, the tyres on it now are 225, the originals were 215. Don't worry, it still slides at low speeds ;)

Back