General B up for breaking

Currently reading:
General B up for breaking

neil_bb77

Hi everybody

Just wanted to let you all know about this poor B i found in my local breakers.

http://autos.blue-sock.com/clients/...&fueltype=any&orderby=MakeModel&Submit=Browse

they have only just got it, looks like it has rolled over but the good news is the windscreen pillar seems to stood up to the test, hope the people inside were ok!

18012008136.jpg

18012008135.jpg

18012008137.jpg

18012008138.jpg

every panel is pretty smashed, have tried my best with the photos but the weather was nasty. airbags havent gone off.back bumper looks ok front bumper has gone. However all the engine looks good so anybody in need of some mechanical parts might want to check it out. i went for the alloy wheels but one has a nasty scuff so have left it for now but did get the leather seats (covered in mud at the moment but could see any damage and looked in good condition)for £80 and the strut brace for £20 which i think is a bargain!! :):)

i'm should be going back wednesday to collect the seats so if anybody wants me to check something for them let me know, people at the breakers are really helpful if you call them.

Hi everybody

Just wanted to let you all know about this poor B i found in my local breakers.

http://autos.blue-sock.com/clients/...&fueltype=any&orderby=MakeModel&Submit=Browse

they have only just got it, looks like it has rolled over but the good news is the windscreen pillar seems to stood up to the test, hope the people inside were ok!

View attachment 36723

View attachment 36724

View attachment 36725

View attachment 36726

every panel is pretty smashed, have tried my best with the photos but the weather was nasty. airbags havent gone off.back bumper looks ok front bumper has gone. However all the engine looks good so anybody in need of some mechanical parts might want to check it out. i went for the alloy wheels but one has a nasty scuff so have left it for now but did get the leather seats (covered in mud at the moment but could see any damage and looked in good condition)for £80 and the strut brace for £20 which i think is a bargain!! :):)

i'm should be going back wednesday to collect the seats so if anybody wants me to check something for them let me know, people at the breakers are really helpful if you call them.

Thanks for letting us know about this, shame that yet another b has bitten the dust.

Can you take a look at the exhaust? I have the standard FIAT exhaust (CAT back) at the moment and am looking to replace it with a stainless steel exhaust..................

Thanks for letting us know, I may have gone for the seats, but I see you got there firs :)

How did you find out about the B in the breakers? I wouldn't mind also trying to track down some leather seats in the future.

Too bad I live in Norway :( Would most likely have needed a few parts (bumper, rear fog light, reversing light (wossitcalled :confused:) ++++)

Too bad I live in Norway :( Would most likely have needed a few parts (bumper, rear fog light, reversing light (wossitcalled :confused:) ++++)

you'll have to hire a van and a ferry across, and then have a tour of britains famous junkyards

I thought most British cities were considered junkyards. Would be a long trip :eek:

Thanks Neil (y)

Do you think the brakers will take the parts off and ship them? I ask at I am miles away so no chance of driving up.

I think so they are helpful, worst case is i can always get them and send them on. i work about 15 minutes away so not a problem getting there. will let you know. if i get a chance i will give them a call tomorrow and that should give them time to take the parts out of the car. if they have them are there any particular things to look for on these parts e.g broken or damage? all the engine area seemed in good condition to me but im not the most technical :eek:

Na the parts should be fine as the crash would not have damaged them. Thanks for the help with this Neil.

If I was you I would get the window hood rubbers as well as the bit of plastic that goes around the handbrake. You can sell these on if in good condition.

Last edited:
Na the parts should be fine as the crash would not have damaged them. Thanks for the help with this Neil.

If I was you I would get the window hood rubbers as well as the bit of plastic that goes around the handbrake. You can sell these on if in good condition.

As well as the window rubber, hood cover rubber and gear knob, clock and anything else you can carry!!!

Last edited:
Back