astra coupe

Currently reading:
astra coupe

Haha don’t all chavs get a coupon for that grill on their 16th birthday?

The big trademark V really ruins the looks of all Vauxhalls so the grill is a must (y)

Shame to see the Alfa go but good luck with it jug. The only Vauxhall I have driven was a corsa and I found the gear stick to be especially sloppy and crap also hand break and stalks where crap.

:devil: So what’s next anyway blue LED windscreen washer jets? :devil:

Yeah don't forget the halfords 'Turbo' badge oh and the tacky '16v' badge :rolleyes: :devil:

lexus lights
i just knew someone would have to go too far and bring up lexus lights.
gtfo.gif

Sorry but why exactly are you selling the alfa for a car you don't like? :confused:
i wish i knew :bang:

my alfa's insurance expires on the 11th of august and i always get the car buying bug when its insurance time. i bought the alfa last year at the same time for that reason. the problem is this year i couldnt find anything that i wanted to buy, so i got desperate and bought the astra. wtf :confused:

i try not to keep cars for more than a year because its more difficult to make a profit on them.

Last edited:
the alfa is now on ebay :cry:

plan is to get another 156 facelift JTD veloce as soon as i can find the right one, the astra will do until then.

Any pics yet?
had a busy weekend so they're still on my phone. its had a good clean inside and out, and i've fitted a chav front grill and my alpine headunit. next weekend i'm scrapyard hunting for a few upgrades and fitting sub&amp. its great to have a new project to play with, and a long list of things to do.

a long list?! if you ruin that bravo i'll hunt you down.
long enough and expensive aswell :(!! I won't ruin it..you swapped an Alfa for a VX..I should hunt YOU down!!:p

I have one big thing that will hopefully transform the car..it'll take me awhile but hopefully I'll pull it off! The rest are small mods!

its grown on me.
the handling is better than i thought, it just gets a bit scary near the limit.
i'm used to the fly by wire throttle now and i've adapted my left foot to deal with the delay. the gearchange is also better now i've got the hang of it.

if you give it some it wheel spins going into 3rd and the traction control has to step in, which is always fun.

the only things that really bother me are the driving position and cheap interior.

overall its a great car if you're looking for a practicle coupe thats easy to live with. if you want a proper sports coupe then i would suggest you look elsewhere.

on paper you'd expect a great car. its designed by bertone and built in turin by bertone. suspension setup is by lotus. its got the all alloy 2.2 ecotec that has received great reviews. it should look great and drive even better, but despite the credentials its just an astra coupe at the end of the day. i'll never love it, but its gained my respect.

my alfa sold yesterday so its too late to change my mind now, the astra is here to stay.

Last edited:
Back