• house door keys yes, other door keys yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • house door keys no, other door keys no

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • house door keys no, other door keys yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • other door keys yes, other door keys no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is this the worst thread in the history of FF?

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
Have you been bored and been playing with magnets? :p

yes or no
by magnetic i mean attracted by magnets
so you mean are they made from a ferrous material.
thats very different to magnetic.

(i am aware there are non-ferrous matrerials that are attracted to magnetic fields, but they are not used to make keys)

Last edited:
so you mean are they made from a ferrous material.
thats very different to magnetic.

(i am aware there are non-ferrous matrerials that are attracted to magnetic fields, but they are not used to make keys)

i dnt know whether to be impressed or disgusted with your knowledge sometimes(n)

i reckon u use wikipedia an awful lot:chin:

if not then your are prob the best pub quiz candidate ever(y)

cause its interesting
also if you are to be doing a surface grinding on stainless steel you might want to think again on using a magnetic bed
all im saying is that info could be usefull

There are 4 types of stainless steel commercially available. Ferritic and Martensitic stainless is magnetic, Austenitic is non magnetic and Duplex might be dependent on its make up. Austenitic is used where stray magnetism may be a problem ie. motors generators etc. Ferritic is resistant to corrosion and used for components in agressive conditions ie. seawater chemicals etc. Martensitic steels respond well to hardening processes and are used mainly for surgical impliments and for load bearing purposes and Duplex grades share the properties of Ferritic and Martensitic steels.

Back