Technical are these discs the same?

Currently reading:
Technical are these discs the same?

keeping on topic, this thread will only discuss the brakes, while the newly developed engine problem will be discussed in "the oil change thats killing my car".

WRT the oil fiasco, the valvoline in the recipt is the gearbox oil, which i asked them to change. hence only 3 litres and not the 4.7 required for the engine oil. it just comes up with that valvoline maxilife engine oil when they run the valvoline gearbox oil through their computer.
Your wish is......... :D

New thread extracted

ok update, as per CRN performance's very good customer service, i recieved this morning at 8am the CORRECT replacement discs (y)

just waiting for their phone call now to arrange for the pickup of the old discs and sort out a settlement sum for the garage labour that i paid.

guys, how much do you think i should be charged for getting the discs, pads, and hoses changed all round?

this includes completely flushing the system of DOT 4 and filling up with DOT 5.1.

obviously im supplying all the parts and fluid, so i asking about the labour only.

thank you :)

anyone on the above?

if you aint doin tracks, then moving from dot 4 would be pointless;)

i changed to 5.1 lasy year just before i did oulton and donny, then went back to 4, and didnt change again when i went to the ring, and dot 4 held up very nicely, although the did overheat more with dot 4 but nothing that was very noticable.

just remember though, 5.1 is very corrosive and needs to be changed at least every 6 months, another reason why i stuck with dot 4, but if i was doing tracks i would change back to 5.1, but would never use it for the road as the brakes would get nowhere near hot enough, to reap the benefits;)

Last edited:
I had my brake fluid changed for £25 but can't comment on the other stuff.

yeah cost me £20, but it really doesnt make financial sense if no tracks are involved;)

as it stands, most manufacturers use dot 3, dot 4 has a very high boiling point, but lasts longer than dot 3, think thats why fiat use it, dot 5.1 has an extremly high boiling point, but really unless your gona drive everywhere on the brakes all the time, and ragging it everywhere, or go on tracks, i dont see the point imho:)

Last edited:
is that including fluid guys?

i dont know about the brake fluid, i just wanted to do everything properly, i.e. upgrade everything, but money is really thin on the ground at the moment.

CRN brakes WILL NOT rebate me with anything from the garage charges even though it was their fault they sent me the wrong discs.

Im thinking of not giving them the wrong discs back.

anyone fancy 40 grooved EBC front discs for their abarth/schui?

Mine was all inclusive :p

Oz, I don't think distance selling regulations covers your exact situation although you'd have every right to demand a full refund including ALL carriage costs

but make sure you don't pay to return the unfit discs.

bump! :)

i need an accurate amount so i can buy the fluid before hellfrauds close as i need to drop off the car at 8:30am tomorrow so i can still make it to uni on time :rolleyes:

maybe i need to put it in different terms, what is the total capacity of the brake/clutch fluid system?

bump! :)

i need an accurate amount so i can buy the fluid before hellfrauds close as i need to drop off the car at 8:30am tomorrow so i can still make it to uni on time :rolleyes:

maybe i need to put it in different terms, what is the total capacity of the brake/clutch fluid system?

think mine took about 2 ltrs;)

well the brakes were done yesterday, does anything ever go right???.......................nooooooooooooooooo

stupid company sent me the wrong discs and pads twice, which resulted in me paying 2 sets of garage fees and ending up running apex pads on the front

so im putting 2 fingers up to CRN performance of chesterfield and saying you're not getting the old (abarth fitment) discs back :slayer:

changed the hoses to braided, although 2 of the lines on the rear (the ones that cross the axle) couldnt be done, and 5.1 fluid was put in

clutch pedal MUCH better now too

those EBC discs do look sexy mind. i'll put up pics tommorow.

total price..............£500ish :bang:

i know you lot CRAVE pictures :shake

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

you can just about make out the bright yellow new hoses :moonwalk

Back