Technical BROKEN THE DOOR HANDLE ..AAAARRGGHH!!

Currently reading:
Technical BROKEN THE DOOR HANDLE ..AAAARRGGHH!!

Hi Guys and Gals,
Frosty morning to day, Just went to warm the Schumacher up , got in started her up ok.. went round to open the passenger door , it was a bit frosty so gave it a tug opened the door as normal but the door handle has stayed out. And the door will not close on the latch. i managed to pull it from the inside and lock it . so it is shut now . Has something snapped inside due to the extra force i used to get the door open due to the frost. ?It all looks a bit plasticky..... If so can anyone give an idea of A. is it an easy fix( i guess not ) ie A DIY Job. B. are the parts available? and C. will it be expensive?
Its getting to the point now that something goes wrong a lot.. losing patience with it .
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance Gang.
Jay

Hi Guys and Gals,
Frosty morning to day, Just went to warm the Schumacher up , got in started her up ok.. went round to open the passenger door , it was a bit frosty so gave it a tug opened the door as normal but the door handle has stayed out. And the door will not close on the latch. i managed to pull it from the inside and lock it . so it is shut now . Has something snapped inside due to the extra force i used to get the door open due to the frost. ?It all looks a bit plasticky..... If so can anyone give an idea of A. is it an easy fix( i guess not ) ie A DIY Job. B. are the parts available? and C. will it be expensive?
Its getting to the point now that something goes wrong a lot.. losing patience with it .
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance Gang.
Jay
Probably just an outside door handle, or if lucky a plastic clip inside broken off the linkage, either way inside panel would need removing to check what is damaged assuming it hasn't started working again now it has "warmed up"?
Mind you some clips come as part of a lock when purchasing. If it is that and as a last resort a few turns of locking wire around the clip / lever can hold it quite securely.

Probably just an outside door handle, or if lucky a plastic clip inside broken off the linkage, either way inside panel would need removing to check what is damaged assuming it hasn't started working again now it has "warmed up"?
Mind you some clips come as part of a lock when purchasing. If it is that and as a last resort a few turns of locking wire around the clip / lever can hold it quite securely.
Thanks Mike.
I'll have a look when it gets warmer. Door panel removal looks surprisingly straight forward compared to some cars.. And hopefully all will become clear .
Thanks again

Back