apple rotten?

Currently reading:
apple rotten?

You mean you have a power pc cpu because you have an older mac... :p

i made a poor decision and bout it literally a week before they moved over to intel but im happy with it

At the end of the day, it's a computer (a personal computer, no less ;) ) which runs software (OS X in my case). The software it runs does the things I want. Changing to a Mac in my case was a considered decision, after years of using Windows (and Linux, and FreeBSD).

minust the linux and freebsd :yeahthat:

Buying a new Windows PC would have got me Vista, which I don't particularly want.
I have to deal with Windows and its problems all day at work - I don't want more of it when I get home! :p

bought a windows vaio last year and its great also but vista in partic vista business has too manty flaws

Not just "near the same" processors. The same. A Mac and a PC are the same inside, and have been for a few years.
The Operating System is different, but then that's what the Mac difference is now, and always has been really. Except OS X is pretty good (though not perfect), whereas OS 9 and previous were less good.... :rolleyes:
If you're referring to the USB Human Interface Device thing for mice and keyboards, that's the same on PCs and Macs - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_human_interface_device_class
I've never (that I can remember) seen it referred to as anything other than a keyboard, except when you plug it into a USB port (on Windows or FreeBSD) and it says it's found a HID.

Fanboys - you're all the same - blah blah blah about pretty products that you want to believe are the pinnacle of technology when underneath they're running the same hardware as everything else except with more restrictions :p

By the way, have you checked to see if you have an INTEL processor in your mac? :devil:

Don't argue with a Mac zealot dude. It's pointless. you can make a sensible argument till you're blue in the face and they still won't listen.

antenna-iphone-thumb-450x438.jpg

A PhD student at Carleton University in Canada, Atif Shamin, has out-thought Apple by inventing a ‘transmitter system on-package’ that significantly extends the battery life of mobile devices. It all has to do with the connection between the circuit board and the antenna.

Instead of using wire, he designed a high frequency micro-transmitter and receiver that avoids the usual loss of power through a wire. That’s a significant breakthrough in energy efficiency in mobile devices. He created a module that replaces all of the wires connecting a phone’s electrical circuits and the antennae, making them all communicate wirelessly.

This mod, ups the device’s efficiency by a whopping 12 times, dramatically improving battery life. Apple should hire this guy immediately.

http://www.slipperybrick.com/2008/12/student-increases-iphone-battery-life-by-12x/#more-15514

Back