apple rotten?

Currently reading:
apple rotten?

Apple been hyping up its products again? Never! :rolleyes:

There's more:

"Apple iPhone ad banned in UK due to "misleading" claims"

"Advertising regulators in the UK have ruled that one of Apple's iPhone television commercials mislead customers and ordered it banned from further broadcast."

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...ad_banned_in_uk_due_to_misleading_claims.html

Going back to Custard's link:

Apple said:
"Apple argues only a fool would believe its iPhone 3G ads"

Or should that be:

Apple said:
"Apple argues only a fool would buy its iPhone 3G"

:devil:

Last edited:
Apple only hardware/ software on the imacs

Erm....you do know you can now run Windows on any Mac, right? Macs have never been limited to running Apple only software and as for the hardware, even most of the Windows only hardware you can buy will still work with a Mac because you won't need to install hundreds of drivers for it.

The iPhone, on the other hand, is far too overpriced and restrictive for what it is. Much better hardware is available for cheaper and it's less restricted too.

Last edited:
Erm....you do know you can now run Windows on any Mac, right?

In recent years, yes. Strange that Macs try to be PC's these days ;)

Macs have never been limited to running Apple only software and as for the hardware, even most of the Windows only hardware you can buy will still work with a Mac because you won't need to install hundreds of drivers for it.

Software no, but they didn't have an open platform regarding their hardware until recently.

"Whether it’s OS X being wedded to the Mac, the iPod being dependent on the iTunes service, or iPhone software distribution being controlled via the Apple Store, there is a strong perception that openness is not always the biggest priority for Apple,” explains Dale Vile."

"In the 1970s and ’80s, Apple created the first great personal computers. But because Apple closed its platform, it was IBM, Dell, HP, and especially Microsoft that reaped the benefits of Apple’s innovations,” wrote Manjoo recently in an article on Slate.com. “The Mac’s operating system ran only on Mac computers; Windows ran on lots of lots of different companies’ hardware. This made non-Apple computers both cheaper than Apple’s machines—competition between hardware manufacturers pushed down prices—and more useful, as third-party developers flocked to write must-have programs for Windows. Apple seems to be following a similar restrictive strategy with the iPhone.”

http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2008/12/05/can-closed-work-for-apple-this-time/

And you won't need to install hundreds of drivers for hardware on a modern pc either. Last card I installed (5 port USB hub) was recognised instantly and was ready to use within seconds of switching on. Most other newly installed hardware on XP onwards based machines is much the same.

Seems strange as well that Apples can use the same hardware as PC's. Does that mean they aren't unique hardware-wise these days or are they just a PC in Apple clothing running an Intel processor and a Unix based OS? Maybe they're not so unique after all. "Think different" - yeah right! ;)

The iPhone, on the other hand, is far too overpriced and restrictive for what it is. Much better hardware is available for cheaper and it's less restricted too.

Steve Jobs would have you believe otherwise!

Erm....you do know you can now run Windows on any Mac, right? Macs have never been limited to running Apple only software and as for the hardware, even most of the Windows only hardware you can buy will still work with a Mac because you won't need to install hundreds of drivers for it.

the original iphone is way over priced although the new iphone 3g i would like to point out is actually cheaper than most of its competitors.

i presume by running apple software on virtually any hardware you are refering to hackintosh.

or refering to the fact that you can use partitioning software or similar to format a hard drive for apple software and then you cna install the likes of leopard.
You tried to install Mac OS on a dell recently?

thats what hackintosh is for:D

what do you deem its competitors then?
i got my HTC touch diamond on a sub £30 contract for free

i would deem its competitors to be the nokia n95 and n96, lg renoir.

tbh i dont know anything about htc other than my mas htc is rubbish.

i dislike windows mobile.

tbh the reason i bought the iphone is i liked the design and layout of the phone and also its the only phone ive found which will work with a mac properly .

i would deem its competitors to be the nokia n95 and n96, lg renoir.

tbh i dont know anything about htc other than my mas htc is rubbish.

Dude the HTC Touch Diamond is the latest bleeding edge from HTC. You do know HTC make lots of phones for different brands which aren't branded.

And with the latest ROM it beats the iPhud 3G hands down in every test and its even stylish :yum: :D.

(not aimed at Rolf) Oh and (because its Windows Mobile) it plugs into Microsoft Exchange server properly including calendar, tasks etc. Try that with a iphone or a blackberry for that matter lol.

Attachments

• Apple Fanboy.jpg
    Apple Fanboy.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Apple sucks make it look pretty.jpg
    Apple sucks make it look pretty.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 19
Dude the HTC Touch Diamond is the latest bleeding edge from HTC. You do know HTC make lots of phones for different brands which aren't branded.

And with the latest ROM it beats the iPhud 3G hands down in every test and its even stylish :yum: :D.

(not aimed at Rolf) Oh and (because its Windows Mobile) it plugs into Microsoft Exchange server properly including calendar, tasks etc. Try that with a iphone or a blackberry for that matter lol.

as i said tbh the only htc i have come across is my mas which is utter **** im not labeling all of them as they are probably great but i dont know.

and as a mac user the iphone is the only phone (that i have come across) which will work with a mac properly

i like fanboys

o rly?
0241304_m.jpg

:rolleyes:
shut it.

hater

and as a mac user the iphone is the only phone (that i have come across) which will work with a mac properly

Yet all the other phones work quite happily with PC's. Exactly how many phones have you actually tried with your mac? Doesn't say much for it if it can't handle any other non apple phones properly. Or is this the infamous apple closed architecture restrictions coming into play again...

:rolleyes:
shut it.

hater

I'm not a hater, I'm just exposing the truth ;) As they say, the truth always hurts :devil:

Yet all the other phones work quite happily with PC's. Exactly how many phones have you actually tried with your mac? Doesn't say much for it if it can't handle any other non apple phones properly. Or is this the infamous apple closed architecture restrictions coming into play again...

i tried a couple of motorolas and a couple of sony ericsons

its not the mac its that the software wont work on a mac so all you could do was treat the phone like a memorystick so you could put music on etc.

I'm not a hater, I'm just exposing the truth ;) As they say, the truth always hurts :devil:
LIAR.gif

liar.jpg

stfu.gif

I know of a company that has some users with HTC Touch Pros (I think).
In fairness, the Exchange Activesync is excellent, very responsive and well integrated (except they can't get the Global Address List). However, importing the digital certificates for SSL was a ball-ache, due to Windows Mobile.
As for Windows Mobile, and the phone itself, they all dislike it! If it weren't for the Activesync, I think they'd have binned them!
Any phone that comes with a stylus is immediately scores a black mark in my book... :p

Fanboys - you're all the same - blah blah blah about pretty products that you want to believe are the pinnacle of technology when underneath they're running the same hardware as everything else except with more restrictions :p

By the way, have you checked to see if you have an INTEL processor in your mac? :devil:

Attachments

• dog blah blah.jpg
    dog blah blah.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 14
Fanboys - you're all the same - blah blah blah about pretty products that you want to believe are the pinnacle of technology when underneath they're running the same hardware as everything else except with more restrictions :p

By the way, have you checked to see if you have an INTEL processor in your mac? :devil:

meh like i care.

and i have a power pc processor because im a proper apple fan :nerner:

and i have a power pc processor because im a proper apple fan :nerner:
You mean you have a power pc cpu because you have an older mac... :p
I have an Intel CPU in my iMac, I don't understand what your point is. :confused:
At the end of the day, it's a computer (a personal computer, no less ;) ) which runs software (OS X in my case). The software it runs does the things I want. Changing to a Mac in my case was a considered decision, after years of using Windows (and Linux, and FreeBSD).
Buying a new Windows PC would have got me Vista, which I don't particularly want.
I have to deal with Windows and its problems all day at work - I don't want more of it when I get home! :p

I have an Intel CPU in my iMac, I don't understand what your point is. :confused:

The point is that the new macs are running near the same processors as PCs so the only real difference between the two machines is the operating systems. Oh, except a mac comes with a "human touch interface device", or to everyone else, a "keyboard" :D

Back