General Anyone thinking of joining the Prototypi Club

Currently reading:
General Anyone thinking of joining the Prototypi Club

Bigvtwin996

Established member
Well as needs must I am thinking of thinning down my collection of Authentic Italian rust......
I may be pursuaded to part with a 500N..
This would not be a project for the faint harted - after all it's an N...
A quite rare LHD Ecconomica.. that means it was the cheapest 500s built, ultra low specification....
that means Fixed windows and a full sunroof little in the way of exterior trim....
The car currently has an F engine (possibly gearbox too)
but I sourced an N Engine and Gearbox... obviously needing rebuild
the car has an unusual sunroof in that rather than having the two normal catches either side it has one central catch....
No one In Italy has seen this before...

a lot of rust.....
but I would let i go with almost all the main replacement panels needed, that is front wings/panel floors sills (inner and outer)
and what else I can find.....
It will need rear arch repair and some work on he inner wings...
there is other work an I have spoke to peopel in Italy about tyhe best way to tackle these things....
Now it is LHD and I could suggest sacralidge as I have a RHD steering box an idler...

Any parts missing I may have in my spares stock.. but most of it is there an needs stripping de rusting..
learly it will need new seat covers and foam etc etc.. but teh frames are there....
this is a 1960 car so would have has a simple foam base in the rear rather than a spring style seat...

I'm not going to give a price.. but if someone is interested msg me....
at one point there were no more than 8 N's in the UK of which I owned 5 I estimate that number now is probably between 10-12 given cars I have seen advertised...

Back