Anyone got a Sony P990i?

Currently reading:
Anyone got a Sony P990i?

Thinking of switching to Sony phones this year after being put off nokia now by my N80 (dont get me wrong my 7650/6600/6630/6680 were great).

Been looking at the P990i but not seen one working yet. The reviews on the net are mixed, its either shockingly bad or great- no inbetween.

Would getting this phone be a bad idea?

This is what I have read though, people who owned the other P series phones have slagged it off, People new to it have said yes they have had a couple of problems but its great.

Not impressed with the N95, it feels cheap and nasty and I dont like the fact it slides both ways.

The N80 is a good phone when it works, but it has been the most unstable nokia i have had. Switching off when using the internet-especially WLAN, freezing in video calling, running dog slow at times for no reason, unable to multi-task, sh!te battery, problems with the gallery in images/videos mode and bluetooth and finally in the last two weeks the silver paint has started flaking off.

i like the look of the n95 too, ive nad mostly nokia phones but not much trouble with them, although ive been through 2 chargers for the n93 so far, theres supposed to be a bad batch of them something.,
after hearing about the sonys having so much problems i wouldnt even concider one, the n80 might be a cr*p phone but al least they have a reputation for quality and theres always gonna be the exception to the rule.,

although ive never bought a sony phone id be a bit worried about getting one after what others have said about them.,.,

Quality?

The paints coming off and it has never been able to work properly. The main reason i went for the N80 is that over the years I have built up a software library for nokia series 60 phones. Then, once getting it, realised it might as well have been a door stop as its s60 v3, and it isnt backwards compatible.

Its the first nokia that I havent been impressed with. The 6680 had a couple of niggles but the N80 makes it look perfect. Best nokia I have had was the 6600.

Quality?

The paints coming off and it has never been able to work properly

thats my point,
the n80 might be a cr*p phone

that may be a bad phone but the majority of their phones are fine, whereas judging by what a lot of people say about sonys phones a lot of them are flawed so why take the risk really.,
ive been happy with the majority of my nokias..,
up to yourself mate.,

after 2 years of daily battering, drops, bumps and general misuse, my p910i looks a bit worse for wear, the casing is flaky on every surface, and is wearing through in one place, the flip is cracked, the battery needs a charge after a day but....still functions perfectly, the battery lasts long enough to act as an mp3 player into my car for upto 2 hours a day, and make calls, texts, etc, now if i could just figure out how to stop losing stylus', i'd be happy.

oh and i see i can now get a 8GB card for it, meaning it's life, and that of its pristine twin, sitting on my desk, will be long and assured. as it would appear sony ericcson have no plans, or idea, to create a worthy successor.

find a good one on ebay, can't go wrong.

im still tempted... for some reason.

To give you an idea of the N80 battery, it was fully charged this morning, and after about an hour of gaming and 10 minutes wlan use, i had 2 bars left.

Back in the day, I remember my nokia 5110 (the one with the changable cover from about 1998) and the 6110 lasting a week before needing a charge- and that was with texting, phoning and an addiction to snake.

Back in the day, I remember my nokia 5110 (the one with the changable cover from about 1998) and the 6110 lasting a week before needing a charge- and that was with texting, phoning and an addiction to snake.

lol., i was addicted to that game too on my 6150:D , but the new 3D version is cr*p, and that one that was on the 8310 (snake2 i think.,).,
the n93 doesnt have the greatest battery either, maybe 2-3days out of it,(n) but my work phone is the n70 and that thing is bulletproof, only needs a charge every 5ish days and god knows how many times its been dropped,.:eek: ,lol., i was going to upgrade to the n80 when it came out but then read a few opinions on it and didnt bother.,

still have a softspot for my ngage's,.,lol.,:)

me mrs has the N70 and that is pretty stable to be fair, goes days without charging. I have jsut been spoiled by the N80 on things like screen quality. I think I am going to go for the p990i.

I know its not the newest phone out there, and thats one thing that bothers me as I usually get the newest model, but nothings attracted me (bar the p990i) and there havent been any innovations on the phones really in the last 12 months.

I'll just have to see what crops up.

Sony arent planning to replace the 990 are they?

Back