Any Fiat mechanics on here? need help please

Currently reading:
Any Fiat mechanics on here? need help please

Sometimes it makes sense to change stuff, like if you were changing timing belt it's common sense to change water pump as well while your there. Maybe garage thought (and lets be honest the top strut bearings are crap on the GP, often fall apart in your hand!) its woth while changing them while the strut is off...at £50 though not £133!

Yeh I'll ask on Thursday nxt week as that's when the car is booked into get the service etc done

thanks

Ok getting the car service, oil smell and window electrics done at the moment

Archie has told me there is back pressure in the engine, basically burning it's own oil

Is this pretty bad at 60k miles? Why is that happened? :(

Looks lime a new car will be coming quicker than later I think .....if it's pretty serious

Bloody hell, all these problems and at 60k? Backpressure burning oil, guessing the engine breather is clocked up, probably uncloggable and replacable yourself though for not much! Shame your experience is not so good my friend, hope you get it fixed soon! :).

Got the car back after the service

Service done which cost £150, electrician bill £60 to fix : paid £210.
Rocker cover is definetly needing replaced which is slack,
Clunking is still there but it's possibly now bearings or rods,
the springs were needing done anyway, they were rusted!
Oil smell still not fixed, possibly because of the rocker cover

Still needing a bit of work on everything, to be honest I'd now rather just get rid of it and sell on.

Last edited:
Got the car back after the service

Service done which cost £150, electrician bill £60 to fix : paid £210.
Rocker cover is definetly needing replaced which is slack,
Clunking is still there but it's possibly now bearings or rods,
the springs were needing done anyway, they were rusted!
Oil smell still not fixed, possibly because of the rocker cover

Still needing a bit of work on everything, to be honest I'd now rather just get rid of it and sell on.

so its been serviced..... the windows are working (fairly common fault needing a new switch usually or the multi plug putting back in)

if its blowing oil out the rocker cover first thing to check is the breather pipe for blockages into the air box...

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/262269-breather-hose-replacement-1-2-1-4-8v.html

Back