Annoying neighbour

Currently reading:
Annoying neighbour

O.K. heres one never done before to my knowledge!I live in a nice quiet cul de sac and get on famously with everyone living there.My problem is that for the last 8-10 months my next door neighbour has been coming home in a great big hi-top transit and parking it across the front of his house, i wouldnt mind but it blocks my view and also makes it awkward to get on and off my drive.It doesnt bother him as its outside his kitchen window whereas it blocking my living room.He has a knackered old suzuki swift on axle stands on part of his drive which is slowly turning from white to green after not moving for over 3yrs and 2 other cars(his own clio& his sons civic r) one of which has to be parked 1/2 on his drive and the rest over the pavement into the rd.
The tricky part is that i really do get on with him and have no idea of how to handle the problem.I dont want to go to the council as he would know it was me and that would cause friction.How can i aproach him about it without upsetting him, ive even been parking on the road or leaving it awkward for him to get out in the morning but it still comes back every night. My other neighbours have noticed its p***ing me off cos theyve mentioned about my parking to me.
It isnt his own van, its the company he works for and its only about a mile away and has its own yard so he could leave it there. Id be gratefull for some suggestions on how to address the problem without it escallating out of proportion.Sensible answers & not so sensible answers will be great as it might take my mind off how much its p***ing me off!
Thank you in advance for your suggestions. MATT. :bang: :peace:

MATT 68 said:
O.K. heres one never done before to my knowledge!I live in a nice quiet cul de sac and get on famously with everyone living there.My problem is that for the last 8-10 months my next door neighbour has been coming home in a great big hi-top transit and parking it across the front of his house, i wouldnt mind but it blocks my view and also makes it awkward to get on and off my drive.It doesnt bother him as its outside his kitchen window whereas it blocking my living room.He has a knackered old suzuki swift on axle stands on part of his drive which is slowly turning from white to green after not moving for over 3yrs and 2 other cars(his own clio& his sons civic r) one of which has to be parked 1/2 on his drive and the rest over the pavement into the rd.
The tricky part is that i really do get on with him and have no idea of how to handle the problem.I dont want to go to the council as he would know it was me and that would cause friction.How can i aproach him about it without upsetting him, ive even been parking on the road or leaving it awkward for him to get out in the morning but it still comes back every night. My other neighbours have noticed its p***ing me off cos theyve mentioned about my parking to me.
It isnt his own van, its the company he works for and its only about a mile away and has its own yard so he could leave it there. Id be gratefull for some suggestions on how to address the problem without it escallating out of proportion.Sensible answers & not so sensible answers will be great as it might take my mind off how much its p***ing me off!
Thank you in advance for your suggestions. MATT. :bang: :peace:

this is not a sensible answer btw, couldn't u accidentally scrap a little little tiny bit of the van????, mayb he mite move it???:slayer:

only kidding tbh fella that's a tough one, and I leave it to the more sensible ppl on this forum to suggest something well sensible!!!!!!

I would explain to him politely that you can't see out of your windows, when he parks his van, and could he park it somewhere else? He may not realise that he is blocking your view or that you have any problems getting in and out of your drive. No need to be aggressive, and you're more likely to get a satisfactory result by being polite (y)

chaos said:
I would explain to him politely that you can't see out of your windows, when he parks his van, and could he park it somewhere else? He may not realise that he is blocking your view or that you have any problems getting in and out of your drive. No need to be aggressive, and you're more likely to get a satisfactory result by being polite (y)

Seems an entirely reasonable suggestion to me (y)

I live in an end house where people park blocking my driveway all the time. One night there was a big van parked there and so I had to squeeze between it and a Golf, which I ended up scraping (and paid to be repaired :p). I was really upset and he picked the wrong moment to come outside and see what was happening - I told him in no uncertain terms that had the van not been parked thee I wouldn't have hit the Golf and it has been parked on his driveway ever since.

I don't recommend that course of action though, perhaps a quiet word next time you meet on the driveway to say you are struggling to get in and out. Don't mention the view as that seems petty, but ask him if he can be more considerate. Your other course of action is to block him in ;)

No how you feel about annoying neighbours,Lived here 5yrs no probs got new neighbours trouble started,2 german sheperds bark all day long,then owners come home and its tv or music until after i go work at 11.45pm,other neighbours been round about the dogs, answer,there dogs they bark then door shut in there face, got to much one night and had to go round at 10.30pm and have a word, not heard a sound since,fingers crossed, the blokes a copper so i can just see me starting to get pulled on way to work now.
My advice go round and have a word.

my neighbour likes to rev his old norton motorbike in his shed at 9am on a sunday for about 20 mins every week it does mine and everyone else in the area heads in.

go round and have a word, emphasise more on the parking than the view as this is more important and makes u out to be not just being fussy (unless there really is a swedish girl... ;) )
If he refuses to listen then council as u tried askig him but sure it wont get that far (y) hope it goes alright!

My dad has got issues with his neighbour, he always leaves his dustbin in the middle of his drive. Sounds petty right? You don't know the half of it, these guys have, after a couple of years, officially gone to war - dad now has securtiy camera's up coz the guy keyed the car (dad has a witness) and police did nothing said there wasn't enough evidence!! etc etc, it goes on and on.
I go with the general consensus of politely approach him. You say you get on with him so i'm sure he won't give you agro. This was originally my dads approach but his neighbour said he was there first and has always kept his bin there and that wasn't gonna change. With a bit of luck, your neighbour won't be such a numpty.

While we're on the subject, any suggestions for me dad? I said i would **** him off till he hits me (i know he wants to, you can see it in his eyes), then we could do him for GBH. Dad wouldn't let me though.

blu73 said:
My dad has got issues with his neighbour, he always leaves his dustbin in the middle of his drive. Sounds petty right? You don't know the half of it, these guys have, after a couple of years, officially gone to war - dad now has securtiy camera's up coz the guy keyed the car (dad has a witness) and police did nothing said there wasn't enough evidence!! etc etc, it goes on and on.
I go with the general consensus of politely approach him. You say you get on with him so i'm sure he won't give you agro. This was originally my dads approach but his neighbour said he was there first and has always kept his bin there and that wasn't gonna change. With a bit of luck, your neighbour won't be such a numpty.

While we're on the subject, any suggestions for me dad? I said i would **** him off till he hits me (i know he wants to, you can see it in his eyes), then we could do him for GBH. Dad wouldn't let me though.

abh mate yeah do that just wait till your dads backs turned.... that'll teach the wonk eyed munster a lesson :D

JjPhoenix said:
abh mate yeah do that just wait till your dads backs turned.... that'll teach the wonk eyed munster a lesson :D

I thought this, the only thing that has stopped me is the fact he's really quite big and could do some real damage - its in theory a good theory though.

TBH i'm not quite sure how he's getting away with all this crap. He has threatened my dad, he's racist to Ellen (dad's German G-Friend) to the point of his cat jambo has a collar thats says 'jambo hates germans' on it, he has 2 cars parked on the road outside his house without tax and his supra that he drives has a tax disc off an astra :eek:(n) . All of these have been reported to the police and yet they do absolutely naff all!!! (n)

right lets see...
rob the collar, hell the whole cat! and take it to the police station (not the cat, the collar) or get a photo, or once you've robbed the cat get a new collar which you cud exchange the old one for that sez 'jambo hate racist sh*theads' or something similar on it :D
photos of anything you can (eg tax discs) is one way they'll do somthing as ur'll have done the hard work for em, go to the local police station and kick up a racket, its the only way anything seems to get done!
find some hardass germans show em the cat and leave em to kick off :devil:
egg his house at halloween..... no too far away..... valentinesday!

Wel ppl to begin with i think turboned being a police officer could have made a more constructive comment now I think myself and my family are in a position to comment here we have just move house from what once used to be a very nice part of Cardiff we had a 5 bed 2 bathroom dormer bungalow i say nice until new ppl moved in opposite then we had 8 yrs of continues HELL now i am NOT raciest but this is an Iraqi family and from day 1 this family did every thing in their power to cause aggro for ppl inthe street it took very drastice measures to bring some kind of normality to the close i say close as the road is called Grafton Close so if any one fancies buying a house there dont an ASBO was finaly served on his children but for our sanity we moved

Mat, think the best option, given your friendlyness with everyone in your cul desac is to speak to him person to person, bit of a quiet caht and all, should have it sorted nicely.

Blu, i go with Jj, get photo evidence and then to the cop shop, if they dont do anything then, find some nutter Germans :devil: :idea: or a german sheppeard that has a tatse for big nasty men???

To be honest i reckon he probably doesnt realise. Thing is if a neighbour puts up conifers that block natural sunlight into your home then u can have them removed, so i dont see a van being any different. Personally i would have a quiet word and say u dont wanna cause hassle and u've tried to ignore it but u felt something had to be said. See what happens.

Ross

Back