hmmm how annoying

Currently reading:
hmmm how annoying

lennox123

hey guys just thought id rant haha
right i passed my test on thursday and ever since then i have been proper dying to drive :( but the problem i have is a need to wait till i get paid from work so i can pay my deposit of my insurance and get on the road :( its really buggin me having my car just sat there my full lience and not being able to drive :(definatly on night like tonight where i am just sat around with nothnig to do because busses are only every hour and i live like 2 miles away from anywhere and the road is too dangerous to walk down on your own :(

Last edited:
thats how long ill be waiting :( gotta wait till the 4th of november its the worst feeling ever :( defo when i have to get busses to college most days and i hate busses as it is lol

hey guys just thought id rant haha
right i passed my test on thursday and ever since then i have been proper dying to drive :( but the problem i have is a need to wait till i get paid from work so i can pay my deposit of my insurance and get on the road :( its really buggin me having my car just sat there my full lience and not being able to drive :(definatly on night like tonight where i am just sat around with nothnig to do because busses are only every hour and i live like 2 miles away from anywhere and the road is too dangerous to walk down on your own :(

My mate gets paid monthly. The last week of the month he's always at my place using my internet to go on Wonga.com for a bit of cash before pay day.

Try it if your desperate. ;)

Last edited:
I passed just over 6 weeks ago, I had to wait 2 weeks before i could drive too haha, seeing my car sitting on the drive and not being able to drive it was the longest two weeks ever

i dont want to put myself into debt haha i am bad enough with money as it is lol but least when i have my punto on the road i wont be spending 50 quid on t shirts no more haha and i think its actually going to be the longest two weeks of my life tbf :/ not good

I phoned my mum to go phone the insurance ans start my cover before i made it home from the test lol.
I have just realised though. If you have to wait 2 weeks then why not do ur pass pluss. That will drop your insurance a fair bit.

I was put on my step dads insurance, but was ****ting myself the first time I went out by myself. Wasn't anything special but was his dads, so really didn't want to crash it. Then he got a new car but I couldn't be insured to drive it so had to wait for my mum to get my brothers new car/van before driving again.

Got my own at the end of September, passed my test in May.

my boss has given an advance on earnings before.
not to me to other people.
might be worth asking your boss if he can pay you a float or somthing.
dont know its proper name
but i waited 3 weeks (pass plusS)

Have you got anything you can sell on ebay or maybe take to one of those cash converter places? I have sold all sorts on ebay over the years and sometimes been pleasantly surprised at how much I got for old Xbox games, clothes I dont wear anymore, books CDS etc. My son paid £2 for a game once and when I sold it I got £15 because it had been deleted and was now 'collectible'.

I phoned my mum to go phone the insurance ans start my cover before i made it home from the test lol.
I have just realised though. If you have to wait 2 weeks then why not do ur pass pluss. That will drop your insurance a fair bit.
i would do my pass plus but i dont have the 100 quid spare tbh :/ kinda sucks i kinda regret spending hundreds of pounds of cloths now haha. and as for my boss giving me money early i highly doubt it with the company i work for they are proper stingey they hardly pay me correctly at the best of times lol

i would do my pass plus but i dont have the 100 quid spare tbh :/ kinda sucks i kinda regret spending hundreds of pounds of cloths now haha. and as for my boss giving me money early i highly doubt it with the company i work for they are proper stingey they hardly pay me correctly at the best of times lol

The £100 you spend will save you more, well worth it in my opinion, saved me around £400-£500.

I passed my test in Feb 2008, but as I had to move house and a few other bits and bobs I didnt get a car until May 2008. that was frustrating! can you not ask Mummy and daddy for a sub?

Back