Technical Annoying engine sensor problem!

Currently reading:
Technical Annoying engine sensor problem!

serenmor

Hi, I have a 2005 Doblo Multijet 1.3 diesel. It generally runs ok, but if I drop down a gear and accelerate hard (for example to overtake or climb a hill), the engine management light comes on, with the usual loss of power. So I stop and plug in my OBD reader, and it is always the same message: "Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Sensor A Circuit High".
I then clear the fault reading, and carry on until the next time it happens. It seems to make no difference whether the engine is warm or cold. I have replaced the MAP sensor and air filter, to no avail. There is another sensor on the air intake tube (downstream of the air filter), which is fastened by two of those female torx screws with those little metal pins inside the socket, which stop you inserting the torx socket to remove them. I haven't replaced this sensor so I wonder if it would make any difference? Also how do I get the torx fittings unscrewed? Is there a special tool or do I drill them out?
It would be great to hear of anyone who has had this same problem, and how they fixed it - it is not a major problem, but it is inconvenient having to stop and get the OBD reader out every couple of hours. It's also very disconcerting to suffer a sudden drop in power when overtaking!

Thanks in advance for any advice or information.

Could the waste gate on the turbo be stuck?
Thanks, I will look into this. This is my first diesel engine so it's a steep learning curve! There seem to be quite a few videos etc online about waste gates, so I'll do my homework. Would you say that cleaning and checking the waste gate on the Doblo 1.3 is a difficult job? It has 148000 on the clock and it's a fair bet the waste gate has never been looked at, when I changed the MAP filter the old one was really clogged with soot.

My 1.3 is in a Panda so not bad to get at I haven't seen one in a Doblo you may
find a thread on here dealing with it, if they stich shut the turbo will over boot
on giving it a boot full if the vehicle as been driven gently it is more likely to be
stuck.

Does the engine get to halfwarm quite quickly..??

How often does it get trips at reasonable revs to bake out any moisture?

Thankfully youve got no DPF to worry about..
but plenty old enough for wear..and perished or corroded tubing

Ive had 3 of these in punto's... they are pretty durable.. but are getting old now

Back