Amusing Blue tooth problem

Currently reading:
Amusing Blue tooth problem

Right so many of you know my cars issue with its milage flashing that was more difficult to solve than most! (see old thread: https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-technical/108839-milage-flashing-vengeance.html)

Well its all fixed and doesnt flash anymore, i believe its had a new control unit on it somewhere to do with the cluster. So today started it, no flashing, all is well.. . Later on i'm driving and my phone rings and doesnt come through the blue tooth (I have the blue tooth kit before Blue&me cause i got an old sporting!) I thought ah they must have cleared my bluetooth stuff when they did what they did and i need to pair it again.

Ok i get to my mates and press the voice button to do the pairing and the car starts talking Italian! I was like WTF! It wont let me access the menu from the button on the steering wheel but i dunno if thats because it has no phone paired to the car, but i cant pair the phone cause i dont speak Italian to get through the menu to start the pairing procedure!

So my question is and i expect only a tech guy can answer this like T or someone. If the cars plugged in at the dealer is it simple to just swap the language over?

Its been quite amusing today pretending to be mario talking to it and saying mama mia i like pizza but i can see it getting annoying!

Thanks
Bob bob

Its speaking english again thankfully!

Took about 30 seconds to change, plugged it in and swapped the language. The update for it was done when the control unit was changed, but they think when they changed the control unit it reset the blue tooth system as all my phone data and phone book was gone.. . But oh well its all fixed now, so im happy :D

hi guys, does anyone know if i can download an update and install it myself??? is it easy to do??

thanks for the tip - any suggestions on what my dealer needs to do to fix the no english issue? the mechanic is unsure what to do!?!:confused:

lol - i did... left recently tho.

My brother still works there - but they dont know how to fix either!!!! shocking - lol

Back