Alarm / Immob / Keys -Help Please - Stilo Schumacher GP

Currently reading:
Alarm / Immob / Keys -Help Please - Stilo Schumacher GP

moonlightrob

Hello All,

Can anyone help with answers to the following:

1) Is the standard factory fitted alarm / immobiliser (is it an immobiliser?) Thatcham approved?
2) Of the two original keys that are supplied with the car, one has the central locking buttons and boot open button but the other key does not. What use is the key that does not have the buttons? Does it turn off the alarm (by magic:)) when you open the door with the key?

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

Ok Thatcham approval is irrelevant for stilo as for insurance you should just say it is standard manufacturers alarm and immobiliser, the insurance companies know what is standard.
Re key, the alarm can be deactivated using the non remote key and indeed the alarm key IF the battery should go flat, simply by switching the ignition on, the alarm will sound when you unlock the car but will be deactivated when the key is on MAR.

Found this on the forum some time ago.

Dave.

Attachments

• Fiat Thatcham.jpg
    Fiat Thatcham.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for that. I take it the Stilo Schui GP has the alarm and immobiliser as standard, making it Cat1? Odd that on some insurers websites you get the choice between:

Factory Fitted Alarm / Immobiliser (Thatcham Approved)
Factory Fitted Alarm / Immobiliser (non-Thatcham Approved)

I guess that is because with some makes/models these are options that the insurer would not know about?

Also, what is the approx cost of buying a new 'active' key to replace the (pointless skinflinting to be fair) passive key without the buttons? I really can't see the point of the one without buttons. At new, the Schui GP was £17k yes? I'd be pretty pi$$ed if I paid that and then only got one active key.

Oh Well.

Thanks for the info so far all.

My local Fiat franchise wanted £160 for the key and £60 to program it!

On that basis, my wife can make do with the one without the buttons (like I'm going to let her drive it anyway!)

Thanks all.

My local Fiat franchise wanted £160 for the key and £60 to program it!

On that basis, my wife can make do with the one without the buttons (like I'm going to let her drive it anyway!)

Thanks all.

What :eek: £220.

Thats way to step, you sure they didn't mean £160 all in, or £60 just for programming of a 2nd hand key :confused:

....nope, £220 all in. Shocking. Even if I could find one at £160, I'd give it a miss.

Back