Addicted to bass?

Currently reading:
Addicted to bass?

mckrob

Right, just a quick check to see if any of you bassheads have any tools of destruction in your rooms!

My room is the smallest in the house, being 2.1x2.2 metres squared - yes indeed very small! Didn't hamper my choice when choosing suitable sounds though, as i managed to fit a rather loud Mordaunt-Short 10" subwoofer.

Trouble is, now there was no space for the 15" monitor, so it has to sit on top. Nasty vibrations, so not sure the monitor will last much longer!

Had it about a year now, had the wall directly behind re-plastered last weekend, as the old plaster crumbled!

j_johnson_5050010.jpg

j_johnson_5050014.jpg

Another day...another problem...

lol, i got a dolby digital surround sound home cinema jobbie, 6x100w rms, quite nice std sub with it, only 8" tho :p

Cinquecento Sporting,
and yes it is indeed Broom Yellow \o/

Only mod so far, poppy coral air freshener :D

I got me a Panasonic mini system with twin 6.5" subs...makes more bass than you'd expect of speakers this size. Whole house vibrates with a bit of drum 'n' bass :D I'm toying with the idea of replacing the twin subs with a single 12" dual voice coil car sub though...:p

------/F/I/A/T/------

Fart In A Tin
<font color="orange">1994 Punto 55SX, metallic red, small, Italian and beautiful! </font id="orange">

they're about £50.. yeah, my decor is 'different' - got bored of plain colours lol

and the sound level only counts from a listening posistion - i could get over 130db by placing it nearer the speakers ;)

Cinq Sporting - and yes, its broom yellow!

right heres a good un for ya, while we are on the subject...

standard car amp, to be used for a sub, therefor mono yeah?

has a two phono input...

standard 5.1 soundcard in a pc, sub output comes out on a single phono lead...

if the two were ot be connected, where would one get the second phono input from? is it just connected to earth?!?!

- - Donz - -

or the car amp is a stero amp and is just bridged, or you are only using one channel

dont wire it to ground, if anything - split the phono lead into two

surely if i split the phono lead in two , the signals will be identical....

is the sound not produced on a comparison....

- - Donz - -

kinda, but the amp will have a ground of its own and wont want the phono grounding

is one red and one white? if so, thats a stero input to the amp

edit: the outer of a phono is a ground anyway as well..

yeah an amp has stereo inputs so it can power left and right speakers, but by definition a sub is mono but still plugs in with two connectors and bridges the two, however the sub output from a 5.1 system is mono....

you really think a split the cable then plug in the same feeds would work, i suppose it would...

hence the problem....

- - Donz - -

What the amp'll do is if it takes a stereo input - 2x phonos, it will combine the signals and put out an amplified version of the resulting wave.

The amp may even earth the other input internally, or it may be forced to ground....

Thats how I'd guess it'd work....probably wrong though!!

Tom (AofB)

Pedal to the metal? ....My Gearbox is on the floor!!!

Don't know if all amps are like this, but my Sony 2-channel car amp works in mono if only the left channel is connected.

------/F/I/A/T/------

Fart In A Tin
<font color="orange">1994 Punto 55SX, metallic red, small, Italian and beautiful! </font id="orange">

Back