Technical abs, esp, & hill holder failure...Solved

Currently reading:
Technical abs, esp, & hill holder failure...Solved

dirtboxden

this is just a quick heads up for anyone who might get this error in the future

i have a 2014 multijet 500l and it developed the fault of abs, esc & hill holder failure a few weeks back,
everytime i took the car out it would start to judder and the flash up the error's within 5mins

i plugged to into Multiecuscan and it gave me a front left phonic wheel sensor error, after removing the wheel i noticed that the cable had become detached from its holder/clip and was rubbing against the wheel and that had eating through the cable to exposes some copper, i dried it off, gaffer-taped it back up and push back into it holder, and everything has been working perfect for 3 days now, its only a temp fix iv ordered another cable off ebay for £20 and as soon as the error kicks in again which im sure it will as its only a temp fix ill replace the sensor

i had the two front wheels change a few weeks back and the garage must have knocked the cable out of the holder when changing the wheels

so if you have this error it could be something as simple as that

i hope this post can help some else one day

this is just a quick heads up for anyone who might get this error in the future

i have a 2014 multijet 500l and it developed the fault of abs, esc & hill holder failure a few weeks back,
everytime i took the car out it would start to judder and the flash up the error's within 5mins

i plugged to into Multiecuscan and it gave me a front left phonic wheel sensor error, after removing the wheel i noticed that the cable had become detached from its holder/clip and was rubbing against the wheel and that had eating through the cable to exposes some copper, i dried it off, gaffer-taped it back up and push back into it holder, and everything has been working perfect for 3 days now, its only a temp fix iv ordered another cable off ebay for £20 and as soon as the error kicks in again which im sure it will as its only a temp fix ill replace the sensor

i had the two front wheels change a few weeks back and the garage must have knocked the cable out of the holder when changing the wheels

so if you have this error it could be something as simple as that

i hope this post can help some else one day

just a follow up....its been almost a year and the gaffer tape has still done the job....iv not had to replace the cable yet.....you cant beat the gaffer

Back