SL371529.JPG

Seicento 'A little break from the norm' 1.1 Sporting

Introduction

Matte Grey and Black OEM 1.1 Seicento Sporting

So to start, I previously made a thread before, but it was closed etc. I have been on quite a journey with the little seicento sporting.
so I will start from the beginning, fresh.

I purchased the car roughly a year ago. Within an hour of owning the clutch cable went, so the car was offroad for a few days then. A months after that, the alternator failed lol so a new bosch battery and alternator was fitted. Since that it has also had a new rocker cover gasket and new leads and plugs etc.

Ok so from the beginning, this is how it looked:
SL371176.JPG

i didnt really like the orange indicators etc so i purchased some clear ones:
SL371168.JPG

the car had some pretty bad dents, mostly being the biggest one in the bonnet:
DSCN2198.JPG

i think you can just about see it here.

I did a lot of reasearch on here about springs etc, i was firstly on the lookout for coilovers but I managed to get some 50/60mm springs off ebay for £20 lol

had them fitted a few months later and this is how she sat:
SL371336.JPG

around this sorta time, i started to want to go down a rat look stage (not the sorta wrecked rat look, but the old skool 50s rat look)

I purchased a cherry bomb exhaust - I knew a few cinqs etc but no seis??
so I called Chris from Imagination Creations and he set to work. It was a centre exit made exhaust and obviously it was cut throught the back bumper:
P10104483.JPG

one of the very later mods I actually did was debadge it lol looked so much nicer without them!!

I was tempted with mattig and dtm mirrors also but decided to custom make baseplates for some bullet mirrors ( I now despise the mirrors lol and have oem ones on) i made the base plates and screwed my bullet mirrors on

so from here i was pretty much full on rat mode - so i sanded the car right back, filled all the dents etc and painted the car in grey primer:
SL371452.JPG

it took ages a was my first ever time painting a car lol

I them purchased some 13" steel wheels and rully refurbed them in matte grey with 'atlas' whitewall tyre trims:
SL371457.JPG

as every good rat car needs is a roof rack, so i custom built one frm other bits of rack, wasnt really that difficult, just a case of making brackets and shortening tubes etc:
SL371519.JPG

I also got some very positive feedback at a classic car show i went to which was nice, and upto a few months ago this is how she sat:
SL371529.JPG

Then after a few little bits and pieces here and there, I lost all love for the car in its current state and wanted a totally different look to the car. so i stopped for a few months and srating to get the car running nice and being sensible (growing up eh??) and ripped off the silly useless chrome mirrors and replaced with my OEM ones (I sprayed them gloss black)
refurbed my Cinq alloys and sprayed them gloss black. I had a spare bonnet with was taken back to bare metal had the bnnet welded up and smoothed:
SL371562.JPG

sprayed in filler primer and red oxide primer allover and given a nce over with hammerite and painted gloss black to match the wheels etc and fund some old tal light tinting spray and gave my old indicator lenses a going over.
and this is the final result:
SL371571.JPG

SL371572.JPG

so there it is, a few things still need changing ie the stickers need taking off, and the green trim needs painting (im thinking pink lol)

so yeah, the car is runing really nicely,for me its all about having a decent runner bout now, the brakes are being done in the next few months too and the smoked indicator lenses will be replaced with proper manufactored built ones as their is that grey line with smked indicator lol

Thanks ever so much.
Re: 'A little brake from the norm' 1.1 Sporting

ok so car is being prepped for a new respray - going for a darker metallic silver (i love silver cars lol) brakes are to be changed in the next month - wanna go for a gt brake conversion (unfortuantely missed the set for sale on here but didnt have the cash lol) then some engine tweaks lol but brakes need sorting first.
i purchased a new cd player:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261033172976?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

thought was a bargain, not majorly into the whole ICE thing just needed one ASAP so this should be here within the week.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Re: 'A little brake from the norm' 1.1 Sporting

ok, so i started to paint the car today, have done a few light coats - good thing is my orginal paint choice was primer so not much prep was needed lol, atm it needs loads more sanding etc, then a few more coats etc etc
but heres how it looks atm, i went for a slightly darker shade of standard sei grigio and i really like it. this is my second time painting a car so taking my time.
i will be spraying my alloys baby blue when finished too
SL370103.JPG

Re: From Rat to That... Seicento

just been and sourced myself one of those cinq 899cc throttle body bobs, so will start to create my own induction kit soon, tax at the end of this month so money going on that lol

Last edited:

Are you still aiming for a Rat look ?

not really, dont worry i havent nowhere near finished painting etc, im having a little learning process with it as i go, so it will be a slow process - unfortuantely i cant afford a pro paintjob, so i thought id have a stab at it

Sometimes thats the best way to learn.

Are you using an aerosol or gun ? Btw Silver is one of the worst colours !

roller lol :slayer::devil: purely because i have seen some very decent jobs with lots of patience etc, and i have had lots of practise roller painting lol im sanding every 2-3 coats and have been doing my research, so i know it wont be an amazing job, i know i will be pleased that i put alot of hard work in, its changed lots since that pic, and already looks and even colour - like noo obvious marks etc so its coming along nicely and its cost just under £20!!! lol

Your not the first person to do it that way, its popular in the states too.

I saw this car at Wheels Day at Aldershot show a few months back.
I've gotta say the rat look didnt turn me on, but it looks awesome with the black cinq wheels, grey with black bonnet. Primer grey is under rated!

Roller paint jobs rule!!! Iv just done my Cinq satin black with NATO army paint!

Not sure about the baby blue wheels? but give it a go!

I saw this car at Wheels Day at Aldershot show a few months back.
I've gotta say the rat look didnt turn me on, but it looks awesome with the black cinq wheels, grey with black bonnet. Primer grey is under rated!

Roller paint jobs rule!!! Iv just done my Cinq satin black with NATO army paint!

Not sure about the baby blue wheels? but give it a go!

thanks man! yeah i liked it like that, but after a while, it looked so 'ratty' i couldnt feel pride in it - like yu do when you have a real nice shiny car (if that makes sense)

slowly, only because im taking my time lol i sort of rushed the primer before, so now i wanna take it slow, i love the metallic silver i chose lol this is my sort of inspuration for blue wheels:

DSC00410.jpg

its spot on i think lol so major updates: car should be finished pretty much wednesday! still gtta sand some more, then a final polish, have been reading detailing websites in order to get this gleaming!! watch this space

Back