Technical A.C. not working - Linea T-Jet FL India-2014

Currently reading:
Technical A.C. not working - Linea T-Jet FL India-2014

Navin Talati

friends,

I need your earliest help for the AC problem in my Linea. It is a Linea T-Jet Emotion (2014 Model Face-Lift-India).

For last about 6-7 months, the issue of AC is giving troubles. In the begining, some times working and some times not working... stopping during running.. again starting.... and so on..

Meanwhile the above period, I came to know that same thing was happening with the blower fan. It was due to the Resistor, and I recently replaced the same with a new one original. So the blower fan started but the AC is not working.

As of now the AC is totally stopped working.... not working at all.

I have checked fuses and relays... all are ok. Also checked and refilled and updated the refrigerant couple of time but no change in AC behavior.

I studied many posts like:

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/457137-2008-eleganza-dual-climate-spotty-fan.html

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/458206-eleganza-heater-not-blowing.html

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-pu...ater-fan-wiring-loom.html?344602=#post3425921

etc. and googled many pages, but unable to resolve the issue.

Can any one help me how can I resolve the issue? What may be the causes for this non-working of AC? If any further information is required, I shell be pleased to provide it.

Awaiting your valuable response.

Navin Talati /17-11-2021

Regards.

Have it diagnosed with Fiat specific diagnostic equipment which can connect to AC ECU.

I visited FASS, however obd scan didn't result in any relavent error. I am not sure they have checked all parameters and whether their scanner worth capable of connecting to AC ECU.
I am thinking of purchasing an OBD scanner. Can you please suggest a reliable one for Linea Tjet 1.4 (2014)

Generic obd scanners aren't able to connect to canbus. Multiecuscan software with recommended connectors can do it.

Surely AC is not a DIY job, so any ac service center can fix it. It may have leaks and pressure switch prevents the compressor from starting in an order to prevent damage.

I think there may be an issue with the solenoid fixed within the a.c. compressor (DENSO) it self. As in Linea tjet, the a.c compressor is clutchless and get regulated (I.e. engaging and disengaging the a.c.) by the solenoid.
My request to forum friends is to guide me or advise in the following matters.
1. Can I get this solenoid part separately? Where?
2. How to remove a.c. compressor and refit it after replacing the solenoid in it.
I need these information in detail and at the possible earliest time. As most of the repairers opines of replacing the whole a.c. compressor which may cost me about INR 40 K....!
Please guide me and oblige.
Regards.
Navin Talati / 03-02-2022

Have your AC repaired by an authorized workshop who does ac maintenance, refills and repairs. It's like any car with AC, they can debug it and find the fault but it'll cost you money. On top of that AC stuff is strictly for professionals- diy handyman will just break it and cause damage.

Most usual fault is the compressor failure if it had never been serviced before the fault. It may also have a leak.

I suppose a software called Multiecuscan can do the job of scanning all the codes but license costs and u need to get compatible cables.

Friends,
I am updating this thread.
Ultimately I had to replace the compressor of my Linea Tjet by a new one original OEM part. I herewith attach the photo for your information. Upon measuring the resistance of ECV of the New and Old Compressors, it is found that its value of 18.2 Ohms in NEW compressor while that of OLD compressor is just 1.8 to 2.0 Ohms. This implies that the ECV was the main culprit which forced me to replace with whole new compressor.
Anyway, it is done. I need guidance and help for the following:
1. Can any one tell me that from where may I get the NEW ECV of this compressor?
2. Please see the picture attached herewith and kindly tell me what is the place/point location which is with a circlip lock and what is the use of it. Can it be opened? What is the use or function of that point or location in the compressor.
Awaiting your reply.
Regards to all.
Navin Talati / 17-06-2022
NOTE: Two Files are same (with same name) but have different properties.

Attachments

• Compressor Specs.jpeg
    Compressor Specs.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Compressor back side point with a circlip lock.pdf
    9.7 MB · Views: 147
  • Thanks
Reactions: ben
Back