95 quid for a parking penalty???

Currently reading:
95 quid for a parking penalty???

Well with a business it's slightly different, I'm dealing with many accounts at the same time, and I work on 30, 60 and 90 days which can cause a lot of money to go out at roughly the same time, the bank offered the overdraft as it's a company account, hence the fact they cannot charge for a free service - With regards to free banking, they have alot of my money through out the year, the invest and make money from it, they only give me a tiny percentage of what they make on my money - this is their business, and how they make money.

My private bank account however, has never been overdrawn as I haven't asked for an overdraft and don't want one, I don't even have a personal credit card :eek:.

i dont have a credit card either. infact at this moment in time, all i have is a mortgage, and thats how i intend to be

but admit, being in a business, you dont start one to lose money now do you? and a bank is a business, and would you wanna bank with a bank that loses money?

Last edited:
i dont have a credit card either. infact at this moment in time, all i have is a mortgage, and thats how i intend to be

but admit, being in a business, you dont start one to lose money now do you? and a bank is a business, and would you wanna bank with a bank that loses money?

No, but they make millions off of the money we invest in them thats how they make their money, they don't lose a penny by letting me overdraw by £3,000 when an order needs paying for and then I get the money in the next day to cover this. My bank understands the way the engineering trade works (and others) which is I don't get paid untill I've sent the products off, yet I've already had to pay for the materials. The worst for paying is the government, expected to pay on 30 days, eventually paid 102 days late :eek:

Edit: It appears I have done a "J1ppers" :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
you dont have to pay any parking fine, just ignore it. i've ignored several police issued fines over the years and they've never done anything about it.

you dont have to pay any parking fine, just ignore it. i've ignored several police issued fines over the years and they've never done anything about it.

It actually does work until they catch up with you! :D

I issued one to a guy at Manchester Airport. When he didn't respond, we sent him Form 172 to the registered address which was a P.O. Box. He ignored the 1st one sent Recorded Delivery, then the 2nd. Followed by the
3rd. I do love a smart**se. So we just sent a couple of our chaps, you know,
the ones in the white topped caps round to his house with a summons concerning Failure to Furnish Driver Details. Wasn't quite so smart after 3 points and a £60 fine. Ah well, these are the things that make life worthwhile.

I issued one to a guy at Manchester Airport. When he didn't respond, we sent him Form 172 to the registered address which was a P.O. Box. He ignored the 1st one sent Recorded Delivery, then the 2nd. Followed by the
3rd. I do love a smart**se. So we just sent a couple of our chaps, you know,
the ones in the white topped caps round to his house with a summons concerning Failure to Furnish Driver Details. Wasn't quite so smart after 3 points and a £60 fine. Ah well, these are the things that make life worthwhile.

(y) Good Chap :p

(y) Good Chap :p
We aim to please. We think he registered it at a P.O. Box to avoid tickets from Council Parking Attendants. When the Traffic Sergeant put it to him that
he was also trying to avoid speeding tickets from cameras he denied it but agreed to instead register it at his home address in future. He never did find out how we got his home address.

Back